Discuss NO SERVICE - iPhone 4 at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Hello,
The title says it all, but here is what I did and where I'm ...
Didnt Unlock yet NO SERVICE on iPhone 4 - NEED A GURU!!!
The title says it all, but here is what I did and where I'm at:
1) Jailbroke the phone months ago, installed JB apps, having a wonderful time - me and my new all powerful iPhone 4 ... he really is a powerhouse!
2) One day three weeks ago, NO SERVICE appears (No, I didn't try to unlock the phone nor did I do anything out of the ordinary) ... the only thing I can think of that I might have done was execute a program that allows tethering. I do remember trying to launch that app, but I also remember not getting anywhere with it so I closed the app or I might have rebooted thinking the app was frozen ... I honestly can't remember. NOR can I remember how soon after that event the NO SERVICE message showed up.
3) I backed up my phone in iTunes.
4) The only way I could fix this was to use the last download update IPSW file from my iTunes. When I ALT Clicked restore and used that file, then used Umbrella to kick the phone out of iTunes ... when it reboots after that, I have cell service!
5) If I re JB the phone, it works fine.
6) IF I restore the phone from the backup I took in step 3, I get NO SERVICE.
7) Repeat the restoration process so that there is cell signal again but this time I DO NOT JAILBREAK the phone.
7) When I restore the phone from backup I took in step 3 WITHOUT JAILBREAKING IT, I get NO SERVICE.
(NO JAIL BREAK, NO UNLOCKING, RESTORE FROM BACKUP YIELDS NO SERVICE)
SO, something in the backup has some setting in the phone that prevents it from getting onto the cellular network. I would prefer to NOT have to rebuild my phone world and would rather try and fix this problem. Maybe theres a bad pref file somewhere or a setting got set that effed it up ... either way, I seek knowledge from the group in the solution to my problem.
Last edited by W0rkah0lic; 10-06-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Reason: Wasn't getting any hits - changed title
Sorry, no solution...
But i do have a similar behaviour with a 3GS when coming from 3.1.3 Jailbreaked to 4.1 Apple...
After upgrade, activating works fine and i get cellular service on my blank iphone.
After restoring from backup (even as old as february, before the JB) i get all data and apps back but then "network unavailable"
NB: It's a factory unlocked phone (with carriers' SIM anyway...)
Last edited by PP76; 10-12-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Originally Posted by W0rkah0lic
I believe you answered your own problem. Restoring from backup is the cause as to where the old back up had saved the conflict to your No Service issue. It is just better off to Restore your iPhone and set up as new iPhone...
There is no such thing as a mistake, there is what you do, and what you don't do.
By benson5586 in forum Hardware
Last Post: 06-03-2013, 12:43 PM
By quikadanquik in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 07-27-2008, 03:01 PM
By dpdawson in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 07-24-2008, 03:55 AM
By arthertbc0702 in forum Flea Market
Last Post: 10-04-2007, 03:06 AM
Tags for this Thread