Discuss No Carrier options in iphone 1.1.4 at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Hi team,
By mistake one of my cousin updated the firmware on my iphone to ...
[Solved]No Carrier options in iphone 1.1.4
By mistake one of my cousin updated the firmware on my iphone to the latest one (guess 2.x). After that the iphone got locked.
I didn't remember what was the firmware when i purchased the iphone as i had used ziphone to break the iphone and use it on other network. everything was working fine until my cousin updated the firmware to 2.x
I uninstalled itunes 8(thanks to my cousin for updating itunes as well). then i installed itunes 22.214.171.124 and restored the iphone to 1.1.4. After that i used ziphone 3.0 to unlock the phone and activate.
Now everything works on my iphone except the carrier that is i dont see the option to select carrier in the settings tab. earlier when i used to go to settings, i used to see airplane mode, wi-fi and then network. But now i see only the first two.
Please help in restoring my iphone so that i can use it as phone also.
System: windows XP
Modem firmware: 04.05.04.G
Thank you all in advance.
Last edited by hamaraghar; 01-01-2009 at 11:37 AM.
another ziphone victim.....
try DFU restoring to 2.2 then use quickpwn 2.2 to unlock/activate/jailbreak.
And do NOT EVER USE ZIPHONE AGAIN. Trust me keep using it and u will most probably lose ur phone.
This has happened because ur baseband is now locked, ziphone can't unlock the 04.05.04_G baseband. Just hope no serious damage has happened to the baseband.
My advice is that u use kiphone to downgrade the baseband and then DFU restore to 2.2 and run quickpwn 2.2 to unlock/activate/jailbreak ur device. This way u will end up with new baseband files.
P.S when unlocking the baseband with quickpwn, i.e when bootneuter is running, do not interrupt the process, even if it takes upto 15-20 minutes!! As interrupting the process will end u up a "bricked" iphone.
Thanks for a quick response. If i understand you correctly.. this is what i need to do..
1. update iphone using itunes to the latest firmware.
2. use kiphone to downgrade baseband
3. use quickpwn to unlock.
is that right.
if i am missing something will it be possible for you to give me a step by step method.
ok lsn do this in the EXACT order:
Originally Posted by hamaraghar
1- Downgrade baseband using kiphone
2- Place iPhone in DFU mode by:
Get the iPhone into DFU mode. When in this mode the iPhone screen is black.
a. Connect the iPhone and your Mac/PC
b. Shut down iTunes
c. Hold Power/Sleep until the red slider shows up, slide to shut the iPhone down. If this aint work hold Power/Sleep and Home until the iPhone shuts down.
d. Hold Start/Sleep and Home for 10 seconds (I count like 100, 200, 300, ..)
e. Let go of Start/Sleep but keep holding Home until...
f. ... iTunes starts up and finds an iPhone in restore/recovery mode. The iPhone screen is black.
3- Restore to 2.2
4- Run quickpwn 2.2 and follow the onscreen instructions
P.S do this on your own risk!! the baseband is most probably now corrupt, and i beleive that this is your only option in order to fix it. And plz delete ziphone from ur PC don't ever use it again!!
"information on DFU mode is taken from volkpost's sticky"
So the first step is to downgrade the baseband with 1.1.4.. right.
yup that's correct just stay on 1.1.4 and downgrade the baseband using kiphone.
Originally Posted by hamaraghar
Let me thank you for getting my iphone back to 1.1.4 with all capabilities. Initially i got really worried as some kiphone was not working. i left my iphone with kiphone the entire night and it didn't work.
here is what i did today morning to restore the phone capabilities.
1. Restored the iphone using itunes to 1.1.4 and got 1015 error. I searched for this error on google and found that this is ok.
2. itunes still said that my ihone is in recovery mode.
3. i used kiphone but without any success.
4. i used ziphone 3.0 again (discarding your advice as i was getting desparate)
5. using ziphone brought my iphone to a state where it was detected by itunes as normal iphone without the capabilities of carrier.
6. after this i used kiphone and it took about 2 minutes to execute all the commands.
7. the iphone restarted with all capabilities.
8. Removed everything related to ziphone from my pc.
I have few more questions now for you and the team.
1. Is it advisable to update the iphone with the latest firmware? if so how do i do it. Shall i update my itunes to 8.0 and then update the iphone firmware from there and then follow your instructions of using qckpwn or is there any other way?
2. I am missing the insataller app from my phone. How do I get it back.
thanks once again,
By gametime10 in forum iPhone 3GS
Last Post: 01-21-2011, 06:58 PM
By Tinania in forum Spirit (jailbreak)
Last Post: 07-01-2010, 07:09 PM
By RiqTosh in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
Last Post: 01-05-2009, 08:32 PM
By Freedomwalker in forum General
Last Post: 01-24-2008, 12:22 AM
By cherry puffs in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-22-2007, 07:42 PM