Discuss New Iphone Questions at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Just got my new iphone fresh from the states. Now according to the serial if ...
New Iphone Questions
Just got my new iphone fresh from the states. Now according to the serial if its 7v745 its def a 1.1.2 week 45, althought mine says 7U740 which makes me think its a week 40 therefor version 1.1.1 which is unlockable.
Also (and dont make fun of me) what the hell do I do first to get this thing going? There are too many programs. Obviously i dont use the newest version of Itunes and activate it with AT&T.
Could someone give me a quick rundown of what i do first to activate so i can at least see the applications etc. And also let me know if the '40' on the serial means its a week 40?
Thanks guys, sorry for being such a newbie, and also sorry if the topic has been covered 100 times.
first of all if yu want to know the firmware version of your iphone, plug it to a socket so it can be charged and than from the emergency calls screen dial:
and press call
press --- versions and look at the number of the FM.
03.14.08_G = version 1.0.2
04.01.13_G = version 1.1.1
04.02.13_G = version 1.1.2
according to that you can know whether you iphone is breaksble or not
Awesome! Looks like i got myself a 1.1.1 Dont know how that was possible seeings as the phone was bought only 6 days ago. Although it was bought in buffalo NY so maybe good ol buffalo are running some old merch (tip for other buyers!!)
So with that, what do i do next??
go to the guide section and find a giude to JB a 1.1.1 iphone.
if you have problems post back here
man im seeing thousands of different things in there, could you send me a direct link to jailbreaking 1.1.1 oob?
here is a guide i found that will help you:
1. Slide to reach the emergency dial screen
2. enter *#307# and then press call
3. Your phone will ring itself, press answer
4. Press hold now and your phone will start ringing again
5. Press Dismiss and your phone will go into the contacts/dial screen
6. Press contacts from the bottom bar and add a contact
7. Add a contact with a random name and homepage as >> prefs://1F and another contact with the url: http://jailbreakme.com
8. Save it and click on the contact's homepage. this will take you straight into the setting menu of the iPhone, and you can take all the time to select a WIFI network! and make sure you switch General → Auto-Lock → Never!!!
9. press the home buttons and go through steps 1-5
10. chose the contact with the http://jailbreakme.com url and press on the url
11. on the page that was opened go all the way down and press the option to install apptapp
12. wait for a while, the phone will reboot itself and will be jailbroken.
13. open the installer app and add the http://i.unlock.no to the sources (edit--add)
14. install BSD app (in services i think) and anysim (for your version!!)
15. run anysim and the phone will be open for calls, after you are done uninstall anysim (recomandation).
Awesome! Got it fully unlocked with a optus sim working fine. Thanks for those steps too Nati!
Pity the iphone was for my gf, wish i got two now!
Cheers for all the help guys.
glad to help
By solarwind in forum iPhone 3GS
Last Post: 09-28-2009, 08:31 PM
By almirf in forum General
Last Post: 10-04-2007, 04:40 PM
By heyhey in forum General
Last Post: 09-30-2007, 05:20 AM