Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 69
Discuss need help iphone 3g.. at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by markeeinsik thank you for your reply, before that, i have another issue, ...
  1. #41
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markeeinsik View Post
    thank you for your reply, before that, i have another issue, i cant get my iphone to load the firmware. i have a stock and custom 4.2.1 fw. also a 4.1 stock.. my problem is, i can get to the apple logo after restore but i cant get to go further which is the wheel part then the progress bar..

    im using redsn0w to put it in pwned DFU mode then restore a custom 4.2.1 fw. - is this the right way?
    restoring using stock firmware, you need to manually put the phone in DFU mode. Search the forum for tutorial how to do that.

    Restoring using custom 4.2.1 firmware then you need to use the Pwned DFU mode in redsn0w.

    I don't understand when you said " i can get to the apple logo after restore but i cant get to go further which is the wheel part then the progress bar.. " - After restore with what firmware ? When you said after restore meaning it has completed the restore ? or during the restore ?...
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **


  2. #42
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtube View Post
    restoring using stock firmware, you need to manually put the phone in DFU mode. Search the forum for tutorial how to do that.

    Restoring using custom 4.2.1 firmware then you need to use the Pwned DFU mode in redsn0w.

    I don't understand when you said " i can get to the apple logo after restore but i cant get to go further which is the wheel part then the progress bar.. " - After restore with what firmware ? When you said after restore meaning it has completed the restore ? or during the restore ?...
    oh!, im sorry, my bad. i mean during restore, i can only get until the apple logo, then it stops there. the wheel doesnt show up and error 21 pops out from itunes..

  3. #43
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markeeinsik View Post
    oh!, im sorry, my bad. i mean during restore, i can only get until the apple logo, then it stops there. the wheel doesnt show up and error 21 pops out from itunes..
    using stock firwmare or custom firmware?
    you probably did not do it right.
    Last edited by dtube; 12-28-2010 at 05:16 AM.
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **

  4. #44
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtube View Post
    using stock firwmare or custom firmware?
    you probably did not do it right.
    for now, im using the custom fw and pwning it using redsn0w, 0.9.6b6. i think your right, im not getting it the right way. my problem is i cant put it on pwned dfu mode. coz my iphone doesnt seem to be perfectly pwned

    olethros gave me some tips how to put it on normal dfu mode, but thats for stock fw i think...

    i was able to restore it to 4.2.1 stock before and i read in the net, that i cant restore it back to stock and use custom fw instead...

  5. #45
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markeeinsik View Post
    for now, im using the custom fw and pwning it using redsn0w, 0.9.6b6. i think your right, im not getting it the right way. my problem is i cant put it on pwned dfu mode. coz my iphone doesnt seem to be perfectly pwned

    olethros gave me some tips how to put it on normal dfu mode, but thats for stock fw i think...

    i was able to restore it to 4.2.1 stock before and i read in the net, that i cant restore it back to stock and use custom fw instead...
    You have an iphone 3g, so you are very safe as far as jailbreaking goes.
    regardless of how the phone was pwned or not pwned, you should be able to put the phone in pwned dfu mode (using redsn0w). Once it's in the pwned dfu mode, you close redsn0w and restore custom firmware via itunes.

    ** The only case when you cannot restore to stock 4.2.1 is if you have 06.15.00 baseband. But you can still restore to stock using other firmware provided you have shsh saved/on-file **

    Let me know if you need help. Is your phone working now or you still having problems ?
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **


  6. #46
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtube View Post
    You have an iphone 3g, so you are very safe as far as jailbreaking goes.
    regardless of how the phone was pwned or not pwned, you should be able to put the phone in pwned dfu mode (using redsn0w). Once it's in the pwned dfu mode, you close redsn0w and restore custom firmware via itunes.

    ** The only case when you cannot restore to stock 4.2.1 is if you have 06.15.00 baseband. But you can still restore to stock using other firmware provided you have shsh saved/on-file **

    Let me know if you need help. Is your phone working now or you still having problems ?
    gosh!! i knew it... i was so desperate before... i was not aware.. i think i have the 06.15.00 bb. so this mean that i cant restore it to stock fw.. and the worst thing ever is i dont have my shsh saved. does this mean my phone is dead?? do i still have hope in bringing my iphone back to life??

  7. #47
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Well - don't panic ..
    you can always restore with a custom firmware 4.2.1 right now.
    Let's do that right now.
    you need both stock firmware 4.2.1 and custom firmware 4.2.1 on your computer.

    - run redsn0w 0.9.6b6
    - select stock firmware 4.2.1 and click next
    - on the next screen, deselect everything and only select "just enter pwned dfu right now"
    - follow the instruction to put your phone in pwned dfu mode
    - at the end, close redsn0w

    - now run itunes (computer must have internet access)
    - on windows hold shift and click restore (on mac hold option and click restore) and select CUSTOM firmware 4.2.1
    - let it restore.

    Let me know if that works
    -
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **

  8. #48
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    wait a minute here.
    I read this thread from beginning.
    Olethros have suggested all the right things.
    You just said you have 6.15.00 Baseband. HOW ??

    Don't do anything yet.
    I want to make sure i understand the issue correctly

    I want you to download stock firmware 3.0. Put phone in DFU mode. and restore with firmware 3.0 - At the end of the restore, you WILL get error 1015. That's ok.
    Next step is to run tinyumbrella, and "kick device out of recovery". Let me know if you can get to this point.
    Last edited by dtube; 12-28-2010 at 07:00 AM.
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **

  9. #49
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtube View Post
    wait a minute here.
    I read this thread from beginning.
    Olethros have suggested all the right things.
    You just said you have 6.15.00 Baseband. HOW ??

    Don't do anything yet.
    I want to make sure i understand the issue correctly

    I want you to download stock firmware 3.0. Put phone in DFU mode. and restore with firmware 3.0 - At the end of the restore, you WILL get error 1015. That's ok.
    Next step is to run tinyumbrella, and "kick device out of recovery". Let me know if you can get to this point.
    my last working ios was 4.0.2.. after that i kept on restoring it to 3.1.3 fw then i tried 4.2.1 it worked. i was able to restore it... its was locked so then i jailbroke it.. all things worked fine but i got stuck at "downloading jailbreak data". and that all about it..

    where could i downloading that fw?

    does the baseband affect the loading of the firmware???
    Last edited by markeeinsik; 12-28-2010 at 07:32 AM.

  10. #50
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    all firmware here:
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/f127/22056.htm

    I am very confused at this point.

    Does your phone boot up ? What exactly is the state of the phone right now ?

    So the firmware on your phone now is 4.2.1 ?
    And that was stock or custom that you restored to the phone ?
    Do you need unlock ?
    Don't say all things worked fine but got stuck ..... It is very confusing and contradicting
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **


 

 
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:52 PM.
twitter, follow us!