Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Discuss My iPhone is lost in the mail :( at the General - Hackint0sh.org; ...
  1. #1
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default My iPhone is lost in the mail :(

    I have a friend who lives in the UK who bought the iPhone for me and shipped it by Royal Mail Express to me.

    He tried to get insurance but they said they do not insure cellphones. He was asked what the package contained of course, and he had no reason to lie.

    I live in Portugal and my friend had to write down my address TWICE. Once for the package and again for the registered mail form.

    The next day I see in the tracking page that it was being shipped to POLAND. NOT PORTUGAL. How the hell do they make this mistake?!

    I got a hold of the polish postal services online tracking page, and indeed, it arrived in Poland yesterday. I called Royal Mail and they say 'Sorry about that. Maybe in Poland they will realize the mistake and redirect it to you. If not, you can file a complaint.'

    You have no idea how this feels . I had to ask 4 family members for money to be able to afford the 400 for the iPhone. It was supposed to be my early christmas present... I'm so screwed :/



  2. #2
    J to the T. Shaken, not Stirred Array thecompkid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    Well, that sucks for you, but WTF are we supposed to do about it? The best way to recover your iphone is to be persistent. Depending on the exact policies of the mail carrier, insurance is only needed to protect against damage, they shouldn't be able to just lose your package and not do anything.

  3. #3
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thecompkid View Post
    Well, that sucks for you, but WTF are we supposed to do about it? The best way to recover your iphone is to be persistent. Depending on the exact policies of the mail carrier, insurance is only needed to protect against damage, they shouldn't be able to just lose your package and not do anything.
    You're not supposed to do anything. I just wanted to post what happened to me. sheeesh.

  4. #4
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uranus View Post
    You're not supposed to do anything. I just wanted to post what happened to me. sheeesh.

    Exactly, your not supposed to do anything, he did not ask for your help or even your opinion so shut the fuc up assHol

    geez, most people in this forum just take their anger from their pathetic little lives and start flamming for no reason. I can bet they are fanboys who would get their shit kicked out of them if they behave this way in real life... such a shame!

    I hope you get your iphone back btw... Im sure they will figure something out. The best thing you can do is just be patient, but persistant. And when the finally get it to you, then you can flame them all you want. It would be like insulting your waiter before they bring your food out. So just be super patient and then flame them if you will.

  5. #5
    Senior Professional Array msen612's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uranus View Post
    I have a friend who lives in the UK who bought the iPhone for me and shipped it by Royal Mail Express to me.

    He tried to get insurance but they said they do not insure cellphones. He was asked what the package contained of course, and he had no reason to lie.

    I live in Portugal and my friend had to write down my address TWICE. Once for the package and again for the registered mail form.

    The next day I see in the tracking page that it was being shipped to POLAND. NOT PORTUGAL. How the hell do they make this mistake?!

    I got a hold of the polish postal services online tracking page, and indeed, it arrived in Poland yesterday. I called Royal Mail and they say 'Sorry about that. Maybe in Poland they will realize the mistake and redirect it to you. If not, you can file a complaint.'

    You have no idea how this feels . I had to ask 4 family members for money to be able to afford the 400 for the iPhone. It was supposed to be my early christmas present... I'm so screwed :/
    dude...royle express mail sucks! i sent someone a leopard via USPS to UK's Royal mail. yea they lost it, its gone..i have to give back the guy his money and i'm out of a Leopard...the worst thing is, they won't do anything but apologize. geez, we pay them for their services and when they lose it, all they say is "i'm sorry"...
    gl on ur recovery, i already took mine as a lost.


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cupertino
    Posts
    203
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msen612 View Post
    i sent someone a leopard via USPS

    Damn!! Aint that illegal?? I thought it was a protected animal?

    :p
    Rocking a 4GB unlocked iphone on T-mobile with firmware 2.1.

  7. #7
    kiwi
    Guest

    Default

    well u could use ups or any other corrier

  8. #8
    Respected Professional Array TwistyValhalla's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    I know how you must feel. FedEx lost/stole my phone when Apple shipped it to my friend (who was then supposed to send it to me in Vancouver). So I made him call FedEx and Apple. After a week Apple sent another phone which arrived safely.

    iPhone (OTB 1.1.1 / Currently 3.1)
    Unlock, activation, jailbreak: PwnageTool 3.1
    City Fido, Vancouver

  9. #9
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistyValhalla View Post
    I know how you must feel. FedEx lost/stole my phone when Apple shipped it to my friend (who was then supposed to send it to me in Vancouver). So I made him call FedEx and Apple. After a week Apple sent another phone which arrived safely.
    I wish I could do the same but in this case, it was a friend of mine who bought the phone in an apple store for me.

  10. #10
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAH

    You guys have NO IDEA how happy I am right now. I just checked the polish postal service tracking page and they realized the package was mis-sent and redirected it to Portugal. It's on a plane RIGHT NOW.

    OMG. That's a HUGE load off my back. You should have seen me

    Thanks for all the replies!


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MacNN: Mail-Grab 1.0 brings batch e-mailing to Apple's Mail
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 06:30 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 06:06 PM
  3. [Problem] Backup lost. I lost all my contacts
    By riyadhNY in forum iPhone 3G
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 06:50 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 02:06 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 12:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:22 AM.
twitter, follow us!