Results 1 to 8 of 8
Discuss migrating from itunes 7.3, to leopard and itunes 7.4 at the General - Hackint0sh.org; After the initial scare of upgrading itunes to 7.4 which resulted in endless reboots. I ...
  1. #1
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    20

    Default migrating from itunes 7.3, to leopard and itunes 7.4

    After the initial scare of upgrading itunes to 7.4 which resulted in endless reboots.

    I kept my itunes at 7.3.2

    I will be upgrading to leopard tommorow which will require I guess the use of newer itunes and the newer itunesmobile device handler.

    My phone is currently on 1.02 and jailbreaked.

    Should i just return to jail before I upgrade to leopard/itunes 7.4 or do I need to return to jail on itunes 7.3, restore and then with a fresh 1.02 phone then upgrade to 7.4 and jailbreak on 7.4 ?

    What steps do I need to do this transition safely ?



  2. #2
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    help please, I am bumping this thread as there were no replies.

    How I should I deal with re-jailing/restoring a phone that was jailbreaked on 7.3.2 to prepare to upgrade to 7.4 itunes ??? I do not want to get an endless loop sydrome.

    Is just returning to jail an iphone on 7.3 before I upgrade to 7.4 enough or do I have to restore the phone on 7.3 before upgrading to itunes 7.4 ???

  3. #3
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    read this....http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthre...hlight=leopard


    you should be fine, just upgrade according to this update....

  4. #4
    Board Hero Array gaz919's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    you shouldn't have to return to jail. If you have to restore to sync to a newlly installed computer it will put it back to jail anyway. Just remember to restore to 1.0.2 unless you want to update to 1.1.1

    good luck

  5. #5
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdfreeman View Post
    help please, I am bumping this thread as there were no replies.

    How I should I deal with re-jailing/restoring a phone that was jailbreaked on 7.3.2 to prepare to upgrade to 7.4 itunes ??? I do not want to get an endless loop sydrome.

    Is just returning to jail an iphone on 7.3 before I upgrade to 7.4 enough or do I have to restore the phone on 7.3 before upgrading to itunes 7.4 ???

    If I currently have itunes 7.4.1 and will be upgrading to leopard, with a 1.02 unlocked phone, how can I go back to itunes 7.3 to have custom ringtones also? Is it possible? I have reaqd of others performing this, but not sure how they did it? Can you downgrade itunes? If so, should I do it before or after the leopard upgrade?

    Cheers for any tips


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Do i need to return the phone to jail before i upgrade from 7.3.2 to 7.4.2 or restore

    How do i avoid the endless reboot scenerio?

  7. #7
    Supporter Array jeffdak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkanuck View Post
    If I currently have itunes 7.4.1 and will be upgrading to leopard, with a 1.02 unlocked phone, how can I go back to itunes 7.3 to have custom ringtones also? Is it possible? I have reaqd of others performing this, but not sure how they did it? Can you downgrade itunes? If so, should I do it before or after the leopard upgrade?

    Cheers for any tips
    1.0.2 Iphone can use custom ringtones without problem, use INdependece 1.2.3

    Quote Originally Posted by mdfreeman View Post
    Do i need to return the phone to jail before i upgrade from 7.3.2 to 7.4.2 or restore

    How do i avoid the endless reboot scenerio?

    no, U dont need jail, the endless reboot scenario I guess you could make a restore+jailbreak+activate
    Iphone 8Gb unlocked (3 of them, old versions all)
    Thanks Dev(dream) team

  8. #8
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffdak View Post
    1.0.2 Iphone can use custom ringtones without problem, use INdependece 1.2.3




    no, U dont need jail, the endless reboot scenario I guess you could make a restore+jailbreak+activate

    If I already have installer app 3 on my iphone, can you still install Independence 1.2.3?
    Would there be any conflict?

    Cheers,

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. [Bonjour] Leopard G5 doesn't see iTunes shares, iPhone remote
    By DeusExMachina in forum Genuine Mac Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 01:24 AM
  2. iTunes Sync in Snow Leopard
    By f41qu3 in forum iPhone 3G
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 08:49 PM
  3. MacNN: MegaSeg 4.5 DJ mixer supports Leopard, iTunes
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 07:30 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 03:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:23 AM.
twitter, follow us!