Results 1 to 6 of 6
Discuss iPhone stuck in the endless reboot loop!!! at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Hi guys, I'm starting to think that my iPhone is dead forever Now it's stuck ...
  1. #1
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    16

    Arrow iPhone stuck in the endless reboot loop!!!

    Hi guys, I'm starting to think that my iPhone is dead forever Now it's stuck in the endless reboot loop and none of the fixing methods work...

    Any ideas???



  2. #2
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Get into recovery mode by holding the Power and Home for 10 seconds, then let go of the power button and continue holding the home button until iTunes says it is in recovery mode. Then option click, if in OSX, to select the 1.0.2 firmware to restore. It may fail but you can still boot by loading iPHUC and sending the following commands...

    cmd setenv auto-boot true

    cmd saveenv

    cmd fsboot

    Wait 30 seconds or so...

    After that, use iNDependence to Activate before rebooting. You should be out of the loop. Assuming you upgraded to 1.1.2, you will then need to downgrade your baseband firmware.


    Calvin

  3. #3
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Bring it back to apple. They will replace you a new one. Don't worry about them finding out if it's been unlocked. They will only try to restore it for you but will not be able to do so due to the reboot loops. They will just give you a new one like they did to me. Just tell them the phone isn't yours . It's your sister's or something and you dad bought it for her in advance for her birthday ( if they ask for the receipt). They didn't even ask for my receipt because they knew all iphones are still under warranty anyway since the first ones came out in June. Good luck.

    P.S. Try to come in the store when genius guys are busy and ask for a standby appointment.

  4. #4
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roymseafood View Post
    Bring it back to apple. They will replace you a new one. Don't worry about them finding out if it's been unlocked. They will only try to restore it for you but will not be able to do so due to the reboot loops. They will just give you a new one like they did to me. Just tell them the phone isn't yours . It's your sister's or something and you dad bought it for her in advance for her birthday ( if they ask for the receipt). They didn't even ask for my receipt because they knew all iphones are still under warranty anyway since the first ones came out in June. Good luck.

    P.S. Try to come in the store when genius guys are busy and ask for a standby appointment.
    Where i will ask for the replace there are only at&t stores not apple lol will they change it there??? Wouldn't they ask me if I got an at&t contract?

  5. #5
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCMA90 View Post
    Where i will ask for the replace there are only at&t stores not apple lol will they change it there??? Wouldn't they ask me if I got an at&t contract?
    You're outta luck then. Has to be apple stores. I don't think the ATT stores can give you replacements.


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roymseafood View Post
    You're outta luck then. Has to be apple stores. I don't think the ATT stores can give you replacements.
    I hope they do

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-05-2011, 05:19 PM
  2. Endless Reboot loop after install
    By annoyingdrew in forum Installation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 09:42 PM
  3. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 05:21 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 04:50 PM
  5. after upgrade endless reboot loop
    By melefire in forum Archiv (Leopard)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 03:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:51 PM.
twitter, follow us!