Discuss Iphone "hard-lock" to AT&T - Possible cause of "No Service" issue at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Hi,
The Iphone Dev Team has the following listed on the wiki for the "Past ...
Iphone "hard-lock" to AT&T - Possible cause of "No Service" issue
The Iphone Dev Team has the following listed on the wiki for the "Past Progress" section of July 17th.
Now the iPhone only has one lock, a network personalization lock. This lock means the MCC(US=310) and the MNC(AT&T=410) must match the first six digits of the SIM cards IMSI. This check is done in the baseband firmware itself. I'm not really sure where yet, but that isn't really relevant.
The only thing standing in the way of an unlock is the baseband. All the other sim checks are known and can be patched out. We even know the AT command to do the unlock. It's 'AT+CLCK="PN",0,"xxxxxxxx"'. But good luck finding those x's. They are called the NCK, or Network Control Key, and are believed to be unique in everyones phone. Forget brute force(time impractical) and the obvious entries. If you still think bruteforce is a good idea, read this. Further, there is a limit of 3-10 unlock attempts per phone, after which the firmware will "hard-lock" itself to AT&T.
- My question is is it possible to reset the baseband if it is already "hard-locked" to AT&T? (note: I have ran bbupdater -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls & bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep, I have uloaded com.apple.CommCenter.plist, I have used the patched Lockdown file, etc...)
- If it is, can somebody provide instructions?
- Will a reset of the baseband "Un-Hard-Lock" the iphone from AT&T?
I bought an iphone that was initially activated via AT&T contract. I attempted to activate & unlock it for use w/t-mobile which has been unsuccessful for the last 15 days. Have tried HW & SW methods over 20 times. Two common issues I get whith each different type of activation & unlocking:
1. Even after successful activation, I am always getting "Waiting for AT&T Activation" message popping up on the IPhone
2. Using both HW & SW unlocking methods the minicom AT+CLCK="PN",0,"00000000" command returns "Error"; however the "AT+CLCK="PN",2 command results in 0 & OK.
Last edited by atresso; 09-15-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Anybody has any thoughts on this?
By kimmy527 in forum Ultrasn0w (3G(S)/iPhone 4 unlock)
Last Post: 08-04-2010, 08:45 AM
By henryyan in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 06-07-2008, 10:46 AM
By asher_ungar in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
Last Post: 04-08-2008, 10:41 AM
By max9241 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-11-2007, 04:12 PM
By joedornan in forum General
Last Post: 10-02-2007, 04:10 AM