Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64
Discuss iphone 8gb now at $399 at the General - Hackint0sh.org; It is quite upsetting that they would drop the price $200 in just over two ...
  1. #21
    hak
    hak is offline
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    It is quite upsetting that they would drop the price $200 in just over two months. I don't think such slap has occurred in Apple's history before. They gouged the 500,000 give or take loyal customers who bought so early. And it doesn't make any sense since we heard the market share numbers yesterday. They are kicking ass. Looks like something competitive may be provoking them. Who knows.
    But you know what most people will forget about when iPhone 2 comes out in a year or two.
    Last edited by hak; 09-05-2007 at 09:02 PM.


  2. #22
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ubp_sanity View Post
    You didn't know it was locked when you bought it?

    And you're calling Steve a douche for doing a good thing?

    Guess what? I bought mine approx a month ago as well, but at least when I bought it, I knew I'd have to wait for an unlock. Also, the price that I agreed to pay was $599, and it's what I paid. Yeah, it would have been nice to pay $399, but that wasn't the price.

    Everyone get over it, things change. Get used to it, it'll be like that forever.

    Also, to the people who just bought stuff a few days to a week ago, never ever buy anything Apple before they have an event. If there is an event within a month, hold off unless you really need it.
    Amen to that! People just have to realize this is a changing world... Besides, a price drop is never a bad thing! It didn't break or change the functionality of any existing iPhones. It simply benefits iPhone buyers from this point on. Be happy for them, and as said -- everyone with an iPhone today agreed to pay the price at the time of purchase. Nothing to be mad about really.

  3. #23
    Senior Professional Array Dragg1e's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Curacao
    Posts
    228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    damnnn

    Previously HW Unlocked 8Gb iPhone.
    Now Unlocked 3.0
    Calls In/Out: YES
    SMS In/Out: YES
    Edge : YES
    YouTube :??

  4. #24
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    That's life for ya. And in the future they'll have a price drop on the Iteleporter and we'll be ever so pissed. xD

  5. #25
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i just talked to apple... they are announcing a price protection program when the store comes back online - he wouldn't say how far back was protected, but at least some of us will get some sort of refund


  6. #26
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ubp_sanity View Post
    You didn't know it was locked when you bought it?

    And you're calling Steve a douche for doing a good thing?

    Guess what? I bought mine approx a month ago as well, but at least when I bought it, I knew I'd have to wait for an unlock. Also, the price that I agreed to pay was $599, and it's what I paid. Yeah, it would have been nice to pay $399, but that wasn't the price.

    Everyone get over it, things change. Get used to it, it'll be like that forever.

    Also, to the people who just bought stuff a few days to a week ago, never ever buy anything Apple before they have an event. If there is an event within a month, hold off unless you really need it.
    Yeah, I am calling him a douche. He fucked over the early adopters. This phone has been out what, 2-3 months. So we pay the 100/mo early adopter tax. I can guarantee, I will not be an early adopter for Apple in the future.

    I did not sign up for service. I am waiting for an unlock, what is your point. You enjoy pissing away $200. Mazel Tov.

  7. #27
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I wonder, would apple add on extra security to these phones included in the price drop?

  8. #28
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    62
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    All that I'm going to say is thank you apple. Thank you for lowering the price when I got my for $650. $200 is a nice round number! Steve your the man!!!!!

    Anyways I was planing to get another iPhone so this just might turn out to be good!!!

  9. #29
    Advanced Array ubp_sanity's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kitchener, Ontario
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthO View Post
    Yeah, I am calling him a douche. He fucked over the early adopters. This phone has been out what, 2-3 months. So we pay the 100/mo early adopter tax. I can guarantee, I will not be an early adopter for Apple in the future.

    I did not sign up for service. I am waiting for an unlock, what is your point. You enjoy pissing away $200. Mazel Tov.
    Honestly, when you bought it there was no unlock, you could have been waiting for years for something that never came..

    And as of 2 weeks ago, there was an unlock. Get it unlocked and you'll be happy.

    And yeah, it sucks that Apple is now raping the people less in such a short time, Steve is such a douche, he should keep up gouging people for a phone. What a bastard for dropping the price. Am I ever so glad I'm not buying one now for less, I mean it is cheaper, but the guy is a douche. I'm glad I bought it back when he wasn't a douche for raping me for $599.

    Again, quit whining. (not just you, but everyone. And not just about the price drop, about everything)

  10. #30
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbdriver View Post
    Amen to that! People just have to realize this is a changing world... Besides, a price drop is never a bad thing! It didn't break or change the functionality of any existing iPhones. It simply benefits iPhone buyers from this point on. Be happy for them, and as said -- everyone with an iPhone today agreed to pay the price at the time of purchase. Nothing to be mad about really.
    I would be happier for them if I had my $200 in my pocket.

    It is great that he it did it, but he still screwed over the early adopters. I could live with this if it was done 6 months later, but the phone just came out this past summer.


 

 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:57 PM.
twitter, follow us!