Discuss iphone 2G Apple Loop problem at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Hey guys,
I have an iPhone 2G that will boot up to the start screen ...
iphone 2G Apple Loop problem
I have an iPhone 2G that will boot up to the start screen and 4 seconds or so later will reboot to the apple logo once booted back up it loops and does the same over and over again.
itunes does not recognize it either I tried putting it in DFU mode (with the apple + cable logo) and it still did not get recognized by iTunes. Does anyone have any solutions to this or had this happen before? Thanks!
Originally Posted by mobman
Put the iPhone in DFU mode > Apple&cable is simple recovery NOT DFU!
Make sure to have iTunes 8.1.1 installed, connect iPhone and Mac/PC and shutdown iTunes if running/Starting.
2. Shut down the iPhone by holding Home and Start/Sleep until screen goes black, let go of both buttons.
3. Press HOME and Start/Sleep fpr 10 seconds (count 100, 200, 300,...)
4. Let go of Start/Sleep but keep holding Home.
5. Hold home until iTunes starts automatically (about 10-20 seconds)
6. Keep holding Home until iTunes finds an iPhone in Recovery mode.
7. Let go of home.
8. The iPhone's screen is black = DFU mode
9. Restore in iTunes to get 2.2.1 on the iPhone
10. Use PwnageTool or Quickpwn to jaibreak, activate unlock.
One more tipp. Once the iPhone is unlocked, iTunes will offer to recover "data from a backup". Dont do it, instead "setup as a new iPhone". Recover option might bring back corrupt preference files that cause trouble.
Sync as usual then.
Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
---------- iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
By phooka in forum iPhone OS 3.x
Last Post: 11-06-2010, 01:30 AM
By ralfko in forum General
Last Post: 03-01-2010, 03:50 PM
By sony2k in forum Installation
Last Post: 04-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Last Post: 11-11-2007, 02:45 PM