Discuss Hypersim tutorial (was: F i n a l l y . . . .) at the General - Hackint0sh.org; I'm posting this as a new thread because I find it unbelievable that here is ...
Hypersim tutorial (was: F i n a l l y . . . .)
I'm posting this as a new thread because I find it unbelievable that here is a simple sim unlocking solution, with necessary hardware in stock, whereas a whole heap of attention and effort is being paid to hypothetical software unlocks that i honestly don't think will materialise.
Ok.. i finally did it with a Hyper Card from Eric .. who you can contact at firstname.lastname@example.org. He is very helpful, responds to emails quickly, follows up on stuff (ie he emailed tonight to follow up and check that i had received the card) and is a good guy to deal with. I promised to buy him a beer if he ever comes to singapore.
I ordered the hyper card yesterday (Thu 6th Sept.) at 5pm singapore time. it was here via DHL when i arrived home tonight (Friday 7th Sept.) at 6pm.
My steps as follows:
1. c l o s e all browsers/browser tabs or any documents or anything that refers to www.hacktheiphone.com.. you don't need any of that... it just confuses the issue.
2. open itunes, go to updates and uncheck "Check for updates automatically"
3. if you have already activated it, restore iphone on with itunes 184.108.40.206. i'm using win xp.
4. go here and to download ibrickr and all other stuff you need in a single zip file: http://devices.natetrue.com/iphone/sshkit.zip
5. unzip the contents of the file into c:\ibrickr
6. find the iTunesMobileDevice.dll file in your itunes software directory and copy it into c:\ibrickr
7. stop the itunes service, plug in iphone (make sure it's on) and run (ie double click) ibrickr.exe
8. do what the ibrickr program tells you until it tells you that your phone has been jailbroken (which is a hacker term meaning you can interact with operating system files)
9. go to https://ookoo.org/iphone/iasign.php and scroll down to the "iphone certificate" file heading
10. again with your phone plugged in, double click the iPhoneInterface.exe program (in c:\ibrickr)
11. in the iphoneinterface session, type in the commands exactly as per instructions under "iphone certificate" heading.. or more correctly:
cd /System/Library/Lockdown/ <enter>
putfile /System/Library/Lockdown/iPhoneActivation.pem <enter>
(don't type '<enter>', press the Enter key.. duh!!):
12. switch off your phone
13. cut your provider's sim as directed in the hyper-card packet (using the template sticker) or as per the pdf link Eric sends you. using small straight edge scissors is easiest. don't trim any more than you need and don't trim any less.
14. put your cut down sim into the clear plastic holder and put it back in your old phone to test that you haven't fucked it (the sim chip). beware that some sim card holders might not easily release your sim assembly.. especially if it's a slide system like sony ericsson. nokia 'flap' sim holders are easier.
15. once you confirm your sim chip still works, put it in the bottom pocket in the hyper card .. i recommend this because i had a "NO SIM" error a few times when it was in the top pocket (nearest the chamfered corner of the hyper sim).
16. insert it carefully into the iphone sim tray (making sure it's not sitting on top of the grey plastic spring.. it needs to sit snugly inside or you will break or damage it getting it into the iphone.. hold the sim and tray together as you slide it in.. .)
17. switch on iphone
18. go back to https://ookoo.org/iphone/iasign.php
19. under the title "plist file" follow the instructions to get the three pieces of info about your phone and enter them in their respective fields
20. get these three pieces of information exactly right
21. double check that these three strings are exactly right
22. click the "Generate" button
23. under "Generated key" you will now see 2 links. double click the second one to download the exe file
24. ensure that your phone is plugged in and is on and run (double click) the file you just downloaded
25. this is your last chance to check that the info (the device id, imei and iccid) is correct. make sure it is and click ok then ok again.
26. the phone should now be activated and unlocked
after writing all that i must admit that it felt easier than it looks above.
a few notes:
- when you plug back into itunes after all is done (like to upload music or similar) it does a small restore. this is not a firmware restore so don't get worried (as i did). i think this is because itunes thinks there is another phone there or it recognises that changes have been made to the phone so it puts some of the old settings and data back. so no danger in just letting this happen.
- by 'plugged in' i mean plugged into a usb port in your pc. for this sort of shit it's safer not to use the docking station. plug it in directly.
- i'm using a 3g sim
- i'm running latest firmware (1.0.2)
- i tried turbo sim as well earlier in the week. these things are ridiculously fragile. i damaged mine the very first time i took it out of the i-phone. true i got it working but i fucked it the very first time i pulled it out of the iphone. who do you reckong are better at making chips anyway?? taiwan or czechoslovakia .. this is a binary proposition (no pun intended).
- the small hyper card kit is well put together. the card itself is heaps easier to handle than the turbo-sim. the kit is professionally done and has everything you need (except for the scissors of course).
- i would take a pic of how it looks but it's almost 4am and i can't be stuffed. maybe tomorrow.
- i went outside for a smoke a minute ago and was dicking around with 'Settings' > 'Phone' > 'SIM Applications'. By pressing sim 1 or sim 2 (can't remember which) this stopped the phone from recognising that there was a sim inside (ie the NO SIM error i talked about above). the way to fix this is to take out the sim assembly and put the mini sim in the other pocket. in general i would say don't f with this setting.
- the number format is wrong (ie u.s. style) but i have seen how to fix this.
- the phone shows that i have an egprs (edge) connection but i can't find any settings for it. have since found them.
if you hose your iphone don't blame me.
Thank you Eric at Hyper Card, Takkun (iasign) and Nate True (ibrikr). Thank you also to those in the community who have contributed to these guys' work.
PMs, questions, comments and corrections always welcome.
Last edited by joe_hensonn; 09-08-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Reason: typos and formatting
Hi, first of all, great post!
Second, I have seen hyper card mentioned a few days, could you point me in the direction of a site/thread giving more info about it/where to get it?
Where can you buy a hyperisim, other than from Eric, and for how much? Thanks for writing up the tutorial =D
Were your hyper-cards sealed in its packaging?
I'm asking becuase some people are saying that the hypercards that are being sold for 120-170 are re-programmed.
I myself have jsut bought 3 hypercards for $4 usd each but I'm not sure if they have to be programmed or something special?
Next American Idol
www.hyper-card.com and you have to buy from them unless you know how to program the sim yourself. i think the way it works is it's pre-programmed so that it shows a valid (at&T) iccid to your iphone (so your hardware works) but your own Ki passes through to your provider.
it comes in a plastic holder about the size of one of those cassette type containers that you sometimes get pcmcia cards in. the parts are inside in a small resealable plastic bag. i just noticed it's made in taiwan and hyper-card.com is in taiwan so i don;t think they'll be running out of stock any time soon.
Originally Posted by Bensonious
I can't see any prices on the site, anyone know how much they are?
Next American Idol
125USD is what some ppl said
according to the email they sent me,
Originally Posted by crumpet
"The price is USD120 with shipping cost to US,"
i dont know where you are, but if i want it delivered in 3-4 days to New York, they said its 130 through FedEx or DHL.
By anand00x in forum Installation
Last Post: 07-30-2009, 01:53 AM
By albeseba86 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-28-2008, 10:11 PM
By wrkskrft in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-22-2008, 10:47 PM
By TiVald in forum Flea Market
Last Post: 01-16-2008, 07:56 AM
By deepdark in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
Last Post: 01-15-2008, 07:02 PM