Discuss How many people are looking forward to 1.1.1 at the General - Hackint0sh.org; I certainly am!
One question though, does it also remove 3rd party app support? Not ...
How many people are looking forward to 1.1.1
I certainly am!
One question though, does it also remove 3rd party app support? Not a problem for me but just curious.
I suspect it will lock everything back.
I'm keen to see the bug fix list, and then install it when the hack is complete by the dev team.
Not sure why so many people are flapping to be honest...
I thought Apple said they wouldn't attempt to block 3rd party apps...
how many people are looking forrward to people NOT posting the same thread 10 times?
Originally Posted by GPUnique
I am for reasons beyond the scope of this post.
Originally Posted by ShawnH
Re: whether it removes 3rd party support. What do you think? Let's just say that if you manage to get to first base (i.e. reactivation) after the FM upgrade, consider yourself lucky.
I assume what Apple has done in this new version -- assuming they've done anything (a big question in my head) -- is to make it much harder to get past the activation process and strengthen security once you reach second base.
Last edited by Snowbird; 09-26-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Looking forward to:
- iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store
- bug fixes (eg, I'd like fewer Safari crashes while listening to the iPod)
- crash reduction (even though it's very good, the iPhone software still has a lot of "1.0" type issues)
- coverflow glitches (eg, on the iPod touch (has 1.1), I don't think podcast cover "art" is lumped in - a big improvement)
- international keyboards
- extra network settings (eg, disable EDGE while roaming, GSM options)
- video output
- interface tweaks (eg, the home button double-press)
Not looking forward to:
- jailbreak prevention (seems to be very hard to achieve with iPod touch, what if iPhone 1.1.1 is similar?)
- loss of AppTapp / Installer.app (natural consequence of above)
- loss of all the wonderful and rapidly evolving apps that Installer.app brings
- loss of non-iTunes activation via iNdependence (if Apple locks up security and breaks unauthorized activation, which everything from using as a "super-iPod" to unlocking depends on)
- 3rd party apps ceasing development (after all, what's the point if most iPhone users can't run them?)
- no more SummerBoard themes... (oh, the humanity!)
If these will happen, along with the unlock being broken/bricked, no one knows yet.
By ching1206 in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 06-09-2009, 07:02 PM
By teddie in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-25-2008, 07:04 PM
By fabermit in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 09-28-2007, 07:57 PM