Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
Discuss How to enable International Keyboard on 1.1.1 at the General - Hackint0sh.org; from here: http://www.iphonealley.com/news/inte...ming-to-iphone "Although they seem to be included, Apple has opted to disable the ...
  1. #1
    vat
    vat is offline
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default How to enable International Keyboard on 1.1.1

    from here:

    http://www.iphonealley.com/news/inte...ming-to-iphone

    "Although they seem to be included, Apple has opted to disable the international keyboard in the iPhone. Thankfully it's as simple as tweaking a plist. The file "M68AP.plist" within System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app needs to be modified so that the key international is set true. Once that's done, reboot your iPhone and have fun in any language you desire... any one included, that is."



  2. #2
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    which languages are included by the way?

  3. #3
    vat
    vat is offline
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I don't know yet, haven't upgraded to 1.1.1 yet...

  4. #4
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis.loaded View Post
    which languages are included by the way?
    French, german and of course English. I'm just waiting for an more straitforward way to jailbrake and activate. (and the port of all these fun apps)

  5. #5
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Is it only the keyboards ?

    Hi,

    Thanks for this great info !

    Being French, i can't wait to try it on my iphone.

    My question is : is it only the int keyboards that are supported on iphone's 1.1.1 (after the tweaking of course) or can we get the full language trnaslation as we have on the iPod touch.

    I tried an iPod touch and there is indde a full language tranlation : apps, menus, dictionnary, etc...

    Is there a way to bring this languages packs from the touch to the iphone ?

    Regards,


  6. #6
    Respected Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frman View Post
    Hi,

    Thanks for this great info !

    Being French, i can't wait to try it on my iphone.

    My question is : is it only the int keyboards that are supported on iphone's 1.1.1 (after the tweaking of course) or can we get the full language trnaslation as we have on the iPod touch.

    I tried an iPod touch and there is indde a full language tranlation : apps, menus, dictionnary, etc...

    Is there a way to bring this languages packs from the touch to the iphone ?

    Regards,
    Salut frman, just tried. To be honest with you, this change doesnt' seem to do much at all with the exception of extending the iPhone's auto-correction dictionary. Need to research this a bit more, but by all indication I don't see a AZERTY FR keyboard. Stay tuned. 1.1.1 brings with it lots and lots of system changes and I'm currently trying to sort out the vitals first before investigating what may be termed, "the nice to have features."

  7. #7
    Developer Array Saimen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbird View Post
    Salut frman, just tried. To be honest with you, this change doesnt' seem to do much at all with the exception of extending the iPhone's auto-correction dictionary. Need to research this a bit more, but by all indication I don't see a AZERTY FR keyboard. Stay tuned. 1.1.1 brings with it lots and lots of system changes and I'm currently trying to sort out the vitals first before investigating what may be termed, "the nice to have features."
    Of course it does. Just navigate to Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> International Keyboards. Then activate whatever keyboards you like. These are by the way:

    English (UK), French, German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian Bokmal, Swedish and Polish.

    Then, whenever you have to type, you have a small globe in the lower left corner. Type it to change between your activated layouts. There you go with an AZERTY french keyboard :-)
    Last edited by Saimen; 10-12-2007 at 10:53 AM.

  8. #8
    Respected Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saimen View Post
    Of course it does. Just navigate to Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> International Keyboards. Then activate whatever keyboards you like. These are by the way:

    English (UK), French, German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian Bokmal, Swedish and Polish.

    Then, whenever you have to type, you have a small globe in the lower left corner. Type it to change between your activated layouts. There you go with an AZERTY french keyboard :-)
    I stand corrected! Excellent! Didn't event think to check here after I made the change. There are so many new features/files to study in 1.1.1 that I must say that it's going to take me at least 2 weeks to get up to speed with them. Thanks for the tip and for spelling it out for everyone. I'm sure that I'm far from the last person that will ask themselves what this modification actually changes.

  9. #9
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saimen View Post
    Of course it does. Just navigate to Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> International Keyboards. Then activate whatever keyboards you like. These are by the way:

    English (UK), French, German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian Bokmal, Swedish and Polish.

    Then, whenever you have to type, you have a small globe in the lower left corner. Type it to change between your activated layouts. There you go with an AZERTY french keyboard :-)
    Thanks guys !

    I've noticed on several posts the fact that you can have localized keyboards and some of the sytem features like dates and local weather.

    What would be really great would be to be able to bring the localized files of the ipod touch to the iPhone !

  10. #10
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    wow.. nice. I didn't think the norwegian keyboard would be in 1.1.1 Yey!!


 

 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 04:28 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 06:46 PM
  3. Enable International for Windows
    By Hartia in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 10:23 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 08:27 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 02:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:55 PM.
twitter, follow us!