Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 127
Discuss hide "Call forwarding active" message at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by BITRU Have the same problem. Can't change, coppy, or even view Read ...
  1. #41
    The Man Array aviegas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BITRU View Post
    Have the same problem. Can't change, coppy, or even view
    Read back. DO NOT CHANGE THIS FILE. This is not the correct way to do it.
    You need to create a network specific file instead.

    You can't edit the file because it's *not* a file, but rather a symbolic link to another file.


  2. #42
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    This is very simple, but it fixed everything for me. I just enabled call forwarding and confirmed that calls were being forwarded to my home phone. And then disabled it. After that, no more of those disturbing messages.

    Can anyone else try this and report back?

  3. #43
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aviegas View Post
    Read back. DO NOT CHANGE THIS FILE. This is not the correct way to do it.
    You need to create a network specific file instead.

    You can't edit the file because it's *not* a file, but rather a symbolic link to another file.
    How do I do that, how do I create this network specific file ??

  4. #44
    Professional Array abtf2's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aviegas View Post
    Read back. DO NOT CHANGE THIS FILE. This is not the correct way to do it.
    You need to create a network specific file instead.
    Aviegas,
    Is there a problem with modifying UnknownCarrier.plist instead of creating the network specific file? (I believe I read it won't fix the problem across multiple sim cards, but I only have one.)

    In my case (FW 1.1.1, apptapp jailbreak, anysim1.1 and "sticky Edge fix), com.apple.carrier.plist was a symbolic link to nothing. There was no UnknownCarrier.plist file in the location pointed to by the symbolic link. There was an UnknownCarrier.plist in /var/root. Modifying this file (changing true to false for ShowCallForwarding) had no effect. But when I copied the modified file to
    /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/UnknownCarrier.plist
    and rebooted, the "Forwarding ..." message was gone.

    So while I don't understand why UnknownCarrier.plist was not where it was supposed to be, all seems to be working fine. Are you suspecting I may experience problems with this?

    Anyone know why Unknown* was not in the Frameworks* directory? Perhaps it had something to do with the Sticky Edge fix, but my Edge settings survived the reboot.

    Thanks

  5. #45
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You can try to copy another carrier plist to the unkow one.

    # cp /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/ATT_US.plist /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/UnknownCarrier.plist

    Then try the tip again.

    Good luck.


  6. #46
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abtf2 View Post
    Aviegas,
    Is there a problem with modifying UnknownCarrier.plist instead of creating the network specific file? (I believe I read it won't fix the problem across multiple sim cards, but I only have one.)

    In my case (FW 1.1.1, apptapp jailbreak, anysim1.1 and "sticky Edge fix), com.apple.carrier.plist was a symbolic link to nothing. There was no UnknownCarrier.plist file in the location pointed to by the symbolic link. There was an UnknownCarrier.plist in /var/root. Modifying this file (changing true to false for ShowCallForwarding) had no effect. But when I copied the modified file to
    /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/UnknownCarrier.plist
    and rebooted, the "Forwarding ..." message was gone.

    So while I don't understand why UnknownCarrier.plist was not where it was supposed to be, all seems to be working fine. Are you suspecting I may experience problems with this?

    Anyone know why Unknown* was not in the Frameworks* directory? Perhaps it had something to do with the Sticky Edge fix, but my Edge settings survived the reboot.

    Thanks

    Hey I did step by step as you described, and now the message dissapeared. Thanks, now everything works just like it should.

  7. #47
    Professional Array abtf2's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madafaka View Post
    Hey I did step by step as you described, and now the message dissapeared. Thanks, now everything works just like it should.
    Glad it works for you. I haven't had any problems (or annoying pop-up messages) since I made the changes you quoted. Also an update: I was worried that when I left my local carrier network, the 'UnknownCarrier.plist' would be replaced or removed. This didn't happen. Yesterday I traveled out of my local (Unicel) network, into the evil empire of ATT GSM towers, and nothing changed. I was able to make voice calls no problem (since I have a national plan), and my Edge settings stayed the same.

    Since my data plan is *not* national, I changed the ".com" in my apn address to ".co" before I left. I tested it on and of my local towers to verify that I did not connect, and hence was not charged for data. (My Edge -> "Allow Data Roaming" was set to OFF in all cases.)

  8. #48
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Smile

    this worked a treat, thanks for the tip...

  9. #49
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abtf2 View Post
    Aviegas,
    Is there a problem with modifying UnknownCarrier.plist instead of creating the network specific file? (I believe I read it won't fix the problem across multiple sim cards, but I only have one.)

    In my case (FW 1.1.1, apptapp jailbreak, anysim1.1 and "sticky Edge fix), com.apple.carrier.plist was a symbolic link to nothing. There was no UnknownCarrier.plist file in the location pointed to by the symbolic link. There was an UnknownCarrier.plist in /var/root. Modifying this file (changing true to false for ShowCallForwarding) had no effect. But when I copied the modified file to
    /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/UnknownCarrier.plist
    and rebooted, the "Forwarding ..." message was gone.

    So while I don't understand why UnknownCarrier.plist was not where it was supposed to be, all seems to be working fine. Are you suspecting I may experience problems with this?

    Anyone know why Unknown* was not in the Frameworks* directory? Perhaps it had something to do with the Sticky Edge fix, but my Edge settings survived the reboot.

    Thanks
    It works for me too.
    I'm with TIM carrieri in Italy.
    bye

    nicoska

  10. #50
    Senior Professional Array slimnickyy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    What about in 1.1.2? Anyone with it have a successful fix? Or is it the same exact way to do it from 1.1.1.


 

 

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 03-26-2010, 06:10 PM
  2. 02-17-2009, 07:01 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 02:51 AM
  2. How to get rid of "Call forwarding active" message
    By norenred in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 02:40 PM
  3. "call forwarding active" problem
    By ShawnMcS in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 10:52 PM
  4. "call forwarding active"
    By bradshaw in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 08:30 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 05:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:22 AM.
twitter, follow us!