Discuss [Help] A few basic questions at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Right now I have ATT with a minutes plan and text messaging plan. Here are ...
[Help] A few basic questions
Right now I have ATT with a minutes plan and text messaging plan. Here are my questions:
1. If I buy a first generation iphone, it can be easily unlocked and works with the version 2 firmware, right? I have lots of experience with computers by the way.
2. I won't have to get the data plan because ATT won't even know I have an iphone, right? (I don't need a data plan because I'm on a college campus and WiFi is everywhere).
3. Is there a way to block data on the iphone so I don't accidentally use the data network and end up with a very expensive phone bill?
Anything else I should know before I go buy an iphone 2g?
Last edited by duck9000; 10-03-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Reason: Title updated from "So let me get this straight..."
Hi, im in the same possition as you...know my way around computers but lost when it comes to the iphone,
Would be useful to know the answer to these questions too! Also....anybody know how to figure out which version iphone you have? I keep seeing people calling them 1st gen, etc and dont know what different ones there are?
2. No, you wont
3. Yes, there is
4. 1st gen has a metal back. The other version is called the 3G (it has 3rd generation mobile networking, i.e. fast internet).
Now from now on, search the forum before you ask!
iPhone 3GS / 3.1.2 JB (PwnageTool) / 04.26.08 carrier-locked, Carrier Logo Fixer / Cydia / 1000 posts on Hackint0sh
Installing Cydia programs on a phone that has no internet connection: read this.
Editing binary .plist, .strings, .nib and .xib files:
* on your computer: Windows tool / conversion website.
* on your iPhone: convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities) or edit them with iFile (Cydia links).
By Red5ive in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 09-06-2010, 09:58 PM
By Travish997 in forum Installation
Last Post: 05-17-2009, 05:52 AM
By TA Rado in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 04-26-2009, 07:27 PM
By iprecious in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 12-31-2008, 02:15 AM
By yalag in forum General
Last Post: 01-22-2008, 06:50 PM