Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 51 to 57 of 57
Discuss Getting back to first base -- iPhone activation after installation of FM 1.1.1. at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by iph0ne27 So, again, to those that HAVE used DVD Jon's method with ...
  1. #51
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iph0ne27 View Post

    So, again, to those that HAVE used DVD Jon's method with 1.1.1, speak up.
    No one has, it doesn't work.


  2. #52
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavensblade View Post
    No one has, it doesn't work.

    Yup, that is what I'm saying. Only reason I'm asking is because I read a few posts swearing that it is doable. I'll believe it when I see it.

    Has anyone had any luck with downgrading from 1.1.1 back to 1.02?

  3. #53
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    To summarize, it seems that apple planted the mismatch IMEI as a way for anyone in Apple and ATT stores to spot a hacked iphone. I am just surprised that even bypassing the activation and jailbreaking it will cause the iphone to be partially bricked when upgraded to 1.1.1

    However, this is a good sign as we at least have some hope left that anySIM or ISPF unlock might still be working if we ever pass through the first activation method.

  4. #54
    Respected Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LA20 View Post
    To summarize, it seems that apple planted the mismatch IMEI as a way for anyone in Apple and ATT stores to spot a hacked iphone. I am just surprised that even bypassing the activation and jailbreaking it will cause the iphone to be partially bricked when upgraded to 1.1.1

    However, this is a good sign as we at least have some hope left that anySIM or ISPF unlock might still be working if we ever pass through the first activation method.
    Question. Does this IMEI mismatch affect both AnySim and IPFS unlocked phones? Can anyone comment?

  5. #55
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    UPDATE: I tried the gophone prepaid option here http://www.tuaw.com/2007/07/02/iphon...the-right-way/ , no go.


    I got to the part where it verifies your address, after which you hit continue twice and you get to the confirmation page to "submit" to the $60 ATT plan and $36 activation fee. I chose to cancel at that point since I didn't see any options for gophone plans. Perhaps I need to hit submit for the actual credit check, I dunno.


  6. #56
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbird View Post
    Question. Does this IMEI mismatch affect both AnySim and IPFS unlocked phones? Can anyone comment?
    Snowbird, I've researched on your inquiry and it seems that those who unlocked with IPSF do not get a different IMEI. So, in theory, if IPSF unlocked users figure out a way to get through the activation part, their phone will be usable. Hope this answers your question.

  7. #57
    Respected Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seccsy View Post
    Snowbird, I've researched on your inquiry and it seems that those who unlocked with IPSF do not get a different IMEI. So, in theory, if IPSF unlocked users figure out a way to get through the activation part, their phone will be usable. Hope this answers your question.
    This is just an assumption, but I assume that the Dev Team cut and paste modified BB information of someone with this IMEI (a DE IMEI?) to create the BB flash image that they applied during the unlock that came from another phone with the same chipset(?), whereas IPFS reprograms the EEPROM and then reflash the BB with a clean, unmodified version of the BB?

    Once again, this is just an assumption and Sam is your man here since he can explain this better than anyone else.

 

 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Similar Threads

  1. [Activation] Back to activation screen after 2 weeks of use
    By kirill_deme in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 10:16 PM
  2. Get iphone back to "Activation Screen" via wifi?
    By kappy in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 08:23 AM
  3. The way to downgrade base band from 4.01. back to 3.14.08
    By thienlong in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-14-2007, 02:48 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 03:18 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 07:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:47 PM.
twitter, follow us!