Discuss Fix to O2 UK voicemail notification issue at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Right, I managed to set up my voicemail with my O2 contract on iphone - ...
Fix to O2 UK voicemail notification issue
Right, I managed to set up my voicemail with my O2 contract on iphone - finally!!
Thought i'd share it here for those that are / have been experiencing similar problems where no voicemail notification is sent despite people leaving voicemails on your phone line - which means you have to manually dial voicemail 901 to listen.
1. Dial 1750 from your handset to activate voicemail (do this even if you think you have it activated) - PS 1750 is number to dial for O2 contract lines - i dont knwo what it is for Pay&Go.
2. Then dial 901.
3. Key * for greetings and mailbox settings
4. You will be asked how you want to be notified when u have new voicemail - select the option number which sends "Notification by Handset" or something along those words.
5. The next time someone leaves you a voice mail you will be alerted by you iPhone (NOT ALERTED BY o2 i.e. O2 does not send u a text but iPhone sends its internally generated message to your screen) saying "New Voicemail".
6. You will also note (if someone left you a voicemail when you had no reception) a red dot (without any numbers in it) in the corner of the green phone icon on your home screen.
Thanks for your manual. I tested this for O2 germany but there seems to be a missing option. I can not select the "notification" option. Well, O2 germany is different to O2 UK
But anyway, thanks a lot for your investigation!
16GB White Shop:
Italy - Portogruado Jailbreak:
German O2 (Unlocked) Firmware:
__________________________________________________ Largest iPhone related Filebase -RELOADED- Pwnage, QuickPwn, WinPwn and the VMWare Toolchain all there!
Now with new page, new download system and more speed!
By goudok in forum General
Last Post: 11-24-2007, 04:47 AM
By nwilliams in forum General
Last Post: 11-23-2007, 08:09 AM
By martycap in forum General
Last Post: 11-20-2007, 12:02 PM
By crowej in forum General
Last Post: 11-12-2007, 02:27 AM
By Rousey in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-18-2007, 12:24 AM