Discuss First phone simlock free. Second phone is beeing wired. at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Well.... it did cost some time... but we managed to get the iphone unlocked thanx ...
First phone simlock free. Second phone is beeing wired.
Well.... it did cost some time... but we managed to get the iphone unlocked thanx to Geohot :-) really love te guy.
Here are the files needed for the whole proces....
Files Needed (new version) with some more files)
We started out with a 1.0.1 iphone, and ended up with a 1.0.2 unlocked phone ;-)
Before : jailbreaked, ssh enabled, installed binkit, installed BSD Subsystem through installer.app (see forum here how to do this)
After : jailbreaked, ssh enabled and simlock free. :-)
For jailbreaking and installing the ssh extensions see http://www.hacktheipone.com or search this forum
We used an apple (only to use iactivator, this should be possible on Windows XP. Didn't try that) and a windows XP system for the rest
of the process
I believe the modem firmware hasn't changed from 1.0.1 to version 1.0.2.
Correct me if i'm wrong....
Install winscp (get it here Winscp
Extract Putty from the rar en put is somewhere on the desktop.
Install the hexedit from the folder Hexedit.
Make sure the binkit is on youre phone. (if not it's included in the rar) Copy the files in the bin folder in rar to your iphone in the /bin folder
Important !!! The files should have the right permissions. (0755)
You can set this as default in winscp. When copying the first file you can check "set permissions"
Set the octal number to 0755. Then check "Use same Setting next Time"
- Well first thing to do is to get the iphone opened. (this is tricky... we scratched the backcase doing this)
An exelent guide how to do this is (without the scratching part is on http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone/ in the shop you can order
replacement parts if you scratch anything...... (i did lol) (don't forget to turn of the iphone ;-))
- Open up the metal case right below the battery. And connect the wires and switch
Check the Geohots Blogspot how. Step 1 through 3.
Can't beat that part of the guide. :-)
- When everything is connected make sure the swith is in the off position.
- Startup youre phone (plug it into youre pc) (the easiest way)
- connect to the wifi network, and set up a connection from youre pc to the iphone with winscp.
If you don't know how...
- open WINSCP
- Select new.
- Enter the ipadres of youre iphone into the host adress field (on iphone goto settings --> WIFI -->klick blue arrow
- username : root
- password : dottie
- File Protocol SCP
- save the settings and login
(ignore the errors ;-))
- Create a new folder "etc" in the folder /usr/local/etc
- Copy termcap from rar to this folder.
- Copy bbupdater from rar to /bin
- Goto the folder /system/library/launchdeamons and move the file commcenter.plist to youre desktop (make sure the file is moved and
not copied. reboot the phone. (you can use putty to do this )
- start putty
- enter the ipadress of youre iphone in the hostname field, and click open.
- login with username : root
pass : dottie
- type reboot
- disconect and reconect the phone. (it will automaticly turn on)
- Start putty again and login.
- type : minicom -s
- select serial port setup and type : A.
- enter: /dev/tty.baseband Enter
- press esc
- select save setup as dfl
- when entering minicom type AT
- the modem should respond. OK
- Flip the magic unlock switch, ther should not be any response... even wen you flip the switch again.
- Make sure the switch is off now.
- exit Minicom (CTRL A then X)
- type : bbupdater -v
- type minicom it should respond ok when entering the AT command.
- when this is the case. The wires and switch are connected right :-)
These were steps 1 to 5 from geohot's weblog.
- Copy the files from folder NORDumper from the rar to /usr/bin on your iphone using winscp (at lease i did)
- in putty, go to this folder. type : cd /usr/bin type : ls you should see te nordumper file
- type : NORDumper dump.bin (this is case sensitive...)
- now you have to wait voor 10 to 20 mins. Wait till the dump is completed.
- Copy the contents of the folder ieraser from the rar also to /usr/bin on your iphone using winscp.
- Start Cygnus Hex Editor. and open the file ICE03.14.08_G.fls. (included in the rar) (only for firmware 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 !!!!)
- Select the range from 000001A4-000009a4. In the taskbar the selection should show 1A4-9A4. (verry important !!)
- then goto menu edit--> select copy to file. name te file : secpack
- Upload this file to /usr/bin on the iphone.
- in putty type ieraser.
- copy the dump.bin from /usr/bin to your PC using winscp.
- Open this file with Cygnus Hex Editor.
- Select the range 00020000-00304000
- In the taskbar it should show 20000-304000 (if not do the selection again)
- goto menu edit--> select copy to file. name te file : nor
- open this file with the hexeditor.
- Find the row 215148 and change 04 00 A0 E1 to 00 00 A0 E3
- save the file, and upload it to /usr/bin using winscp
- copy the files in the folder iunlocker from ther rar to /usr/bin
- turn the magical switch on !!
- with putty goto /usr/bin and type iunlocker
- when the program halts. flip the switch to the off position and press a charater on your keyboard followed bij Enter.
- you will see a lot of numbers running on your screen. This also takes a while...
- after it's done type : bbupdater -v
- it should show : xgendata and some more text i can't remember..
- start minicom again.
- type AT+CLCK="PN",0,"00000000"
- type AT+CLCK="PN",2 this should respond in a 0 .
- Congrats !!!! youre phone is now simlockfree.
- now copy back the commcenter plist file (don't forget)
- remove the wires (turn phone off first) (and be carefull.... my friend screwed up the mainbord... he also fixed this again...lol )
- assemble all parts and insert sim
- Turn on the phone
The new simm wil not be accepted yet.
Wat we did :
We updated the phone with itunes to 1.0.2.
After that we used iactivator to jailbreak and to generete the keys or was it pam.., and activate the phone.
Since i have no mac here can somebody complete the manual ? i wil add it to this thread.
The update is not nessacery, but it works ;-)
That's all there is (took us 6 hours to collect the software (this was the hard part) and get 2 phones unlocked)
the second phone was done in 1,5 hours.
But it resulted in 2 simlock free phones in the netherlands... using Vodafone and KPN....
Regards Martijn & Maikel.
Thnx to Geohot,Devteam,hacktheipone.com and modmyiphone.com for making the unlocking thing possible :-)
Last edited by mdiersma2; 08-26-2007 at 12:22 PM.
I'll be waiting!!!
Excellent! please do... wil be very much apreciated!!
Please do .
I am interested
Hi all... check back tomorrow...
We have 2 phones now ... working in the netherlands.. :-)
Fully unlocked... but are totaly exhausted.. lol.
Wil post the requiring files and docs later tomorrow... when we got som sleep.
Regards Martijn & Maikel.... probably the first few with unlocked iphone in the NL.
that would be great, looking forward to the files!
hmmm, no reply... how weird i'm also wondering why only junior members with only a few posts claim to have done geohots unlock and none of the more senior members have done it. makes me question the authenticity of their claims...
yeah yeah.... working on the doc right now....
a little patience please
wat about porting it to XP?Anyone working on it?
Originally Posted by mdiersma
By RealEvil in forum General
Last Post: 09-28-2007, 11:52 AM
By sullo in forum General
Last Post: 09-11-2007, 06:45 AM
By ozzielad in forum General
Last Post: 07-11-2007, 03:43 PM