Discuss [Firmware] Layout Guide at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Hey All,
I am looking for a good guide to how iPhone is set up, ...
[Firmware] Layout Guide
I am looking for a good guide to how iPhone is set up, with regards to flash memory, geared towards a more technical audience. I'm a newbie to the iPhone world (just bought a 3G), but am also an embedded systems developer.
My plan is to perform an jailbreak using some of the recent tools, but before I do that I would like to understand what's going under the hood more. Most of the info I find on-line is more of the how-to style of hacking info, with no theory.
I guess I would like to see things like:
* a map of flash memory, laying out bootloader(s), baseband, kernel, filesystem (or whatever makes sense in the context)
* details on what does and does not get changed when Apple puts out an update.
* which sections are modified by jailbreaking
* how does the jailbreaking work
* what happens when itunes does a "backup" and "restore"
* what kinds of filesystems are used
* what part of the system runs DFU mode. (the bootloader?)
* et cetera
Can anyone point me a good wiki or two?
Last edited by anville; 07-22-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Reason: Ammended the title to be a question.
You can't post in the tutorial section so I moved you to general section.
Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
Did we solve your problem? +1 us above
If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
---------- Follow Hackint0sh Follow Me
Anyone? I have been poking around dev team code a bit, but haven't found much on this level.
My questions seem (to me) so basic to hacking any device. What I am I missing?
By rambod in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 12-07-2007, 07:40 PM
By cathul in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-25-2007, 04:32 AM
By kiwi in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-11-2007, 03:55 AM
By Lockley in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-23-2007, 07:32 AM
By reimic in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-18-2007, 04:46 PM