Discuss [Firmware 2.0][Downgrade Guide to 1.1.4] Source Iphone Sleepers at the General - Hackint0sh.org; ...
[Firmware 2.0][Downgrade Guide to 1.1.4] Source Iphone Sleepers
I am not the author of this guide or affiliated but its a downgrade guide from 2.0 to 1.1.4 that was just posted as working from _BigBoss_ of iPhoneSleepers.net for anyone that had the trigger finger to upgrade to the the latest FW when they really should wait, its not like its posted all over this forum or anything
Here are the steps for a successful 2.0 to 1.1.4 downgrade for those of you that updated to 2.0 and realized what a mistake it was. (Thanks goes to Geeb for finding the iTunes 7.5 solution, Thanks goes to Crumpx for the pwnage method). Note that this has been performed on a PC.
Ok, so you updated to iTunes 7.7 and then installed 2.0 and youíre stuck. Here are the steps to downgrade to 1.1.4. Note that the result of this guide will be that you will be back to 1.1.4 version of firmware with baseband of 2.0 (4.05.04_G).
1) The first problem in your downgrade is that you probably are getting error 20 in restore mode and error 160x in DFU mode. This is due to iTunes 7.7. So, you now you need to uninstall iTunes 7.7 and install iTunes 7.5. Make sure after your iTunes 7.7 uninstall you reboot your pc as it requests you to.
2) Now that you have iTunes 7.5, you will have the DFU driver for 7.7. This is good and will allow the process to work. Put your phone into DFU mode using the DFU steps.
3) Restore using iTunes 7.5. You will get an error like 1011, 1013, 1015. This is normal and expected. An error 1601, 1602, 1600 or anything else is not ok.
4) Once you get error above, leave iTunes open and kick your phone out of restore mode. I recommend just loading winpwn and pwning the device at this point. If pwnage fails to work, you need to restore your phone again. You should be able to use normal restore mode, however.
5) Once completed, you have a pwned device with baseband 4.05.04_G from firmware v2.0.
6) To get back to 04.04.05_G (1.1.4 baseband) load bootneuter. If you donít have this, install it from installer. Run bootneuter with Neuter, 4.6, and unlock. When itís done, you will have an unlocked 04.04.05_G right back where you started.
Funny, I made this exact same post, and the mods deleted it. I'm pretty sure it was formatted correctly too. So much for trying to help people out, right?
It hasn't been deleted, but renamed and moved.
bu the way i'll close this thread to prevent redundant topic.
By aRt in forum Genius Bar - HowTos, Guides and Tutorials
Last Post: 08-06-2011, 10:11 AM
By cellad in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-08-2010, 09:41 AM
By cathul in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-25-2007, 04:32 AM
By kiwi in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-11-2007, 03:55 AM
By Lockley in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-23-2007, 07:32 AM