Results 1 to 2 of 2
Discuss Failed Virginizer + Other Problems While Upgrading To 1.1.1 at the General - Hackint0sh.org; I finally decided to upgrade my 1.0.2 iUnlock/anySIM unlocked phone to version 1.1.1. I followed ...
  1. #1
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Failed Virginizer + Other Problems While Upgrading To 1.1.1

    I finally decided to upgrade my 1.0.2 iUnlock/anySIM unlocked phone to version 1.1.1. I followed the tutorial on http://iphone.unlock.no/. I downloaded The Virginizer located in Unlocking Tools folder in Installer.app.

    This is where the problems began, Virginizer began erasing my baseband and then popped up an error saying "main execution script failed" as it was attempted to downgrade the baseband... I decided to run it again, same error - Yes, I had the latest version of BSD Subsystem installed.

    I then restarted the phone and lost the Wi-Fi. So there was no way to ssh in either. I then, in a bout of stupidity I suppose, decided to restore the 1.0.2 firmware. Which worked (after activation); but Installer.app wouldn't install through AppTapp. I am running iTunes 7.4.2. It simply said "bootstrap error" and I had to restore again.

    This time, I downloaded the latest iNdependence 1.3.1 and tried to activate. iNdependence simply quit and, after restoring, my iPhone is stuck in an endless loop at the startup screen. That is I see the Apple logo and then it starts up again...

    Any help would be appreciated, I am very stressed out! Will my iPhone come back to life?
    Last edited by PsychedelicBreakfast; 02-01-2008 at 01:48 PM.



  2. #2
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    UPDATE:

    I have managed to install 1.1.1 on my iPhone. Then followed the instructions in iNdependence 1.3.1 to jailbreak it (which required me to restore back to 1.0.2 and then update back to 1.1.1 and activate it).

    So my iPhone now has firmware 1.1.1 and modem version: 04.01.13_G

    I installed Installer.app by going to jailbreakme.com.

    But my phone is locked. To unlock it, do I revirginize again? Or downgrade the baseband (using the application in Installer.app) and then install anySim 1.1.1 to unlock my iPhone?

    Any further instructions on how to unlock my iPhone would be much appreciated!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. problems upgrading to 4.0.1?
    By aparis99 in forum iPhone 3GS
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 08:37 PM
  2. Problems after upgrading to OSX 10.5.5
    By bjlm in forum Genuine Mac Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 11:28 PM
  3. Help: problems upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 .
    By chrisb1 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 02:27 PM
  4. More Problems: Restore OS in windows (failed)
    By tramuyo in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 05:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:43 AM.
twitter, follow us!