Common error, but I've tried alsorts, so I am down to my last idea.... change the dock connector inside the ipad 2.
Has anybody tried it/had any luck? Simple answer or something new to what I've already tried is appreciated.
The story, for those with time:
Bought an ipad 2 16gb wifi, (cant rule out a jailbreak, I am assuming it wasnt). After an update 6.1.2 its now stuck in restore loop. I've tried:
- different cables
- different computers
- different user accounts
- different itunes versions 10.5 until 220.127.116.11
- different ipsw's ios 5 until 6.1.3
- mac computers(several, and apple shop also) and windows (vista + 7)pc's
- iReb to remove loop
- tiny umbrella to remove loop
- cant see any obvious water damage and doesnt seem to have been opened.
- tried dfu and normal restore mode
- restarting itunes.exe after receiving error 1604
- I cant jailbreak it as the programs to jailbreak require the ipad in normal mode.
All gave me the same error and occasionally 1603. Trusty Apple genius be'atch's only solution was it was a hardware fault that caused data corruption on the update and offered me a exchange for a new one for £200. (I bit my tongue and was proud I didnt hurt him).
For the forum Hitlers, I have searched the forum for this error for nearly an hour and couldnt find anyone asking or suggesting this specific idea. So I apologise if it's been mentioned but I couldn't find it. And as it's a common problem across all devices and ios's, and not defined as software/hardware and didn't know which section to put it!!
Don't really want to open it up as it's in great condition, plus it will lose some value if I give up and sell it for parts