Results 1 to 9 of 9
Discuss Do I Need A Data Plan For SwirlyMMS To Work? at the General - Hackint0sh.org; I got the iphone 1G and am on tmobile. Do I need a data plan ...
  1. #1
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Do I Need A Data Plan For SwirlyMMS To Work?

    I got the iphone 1G and am on tmobile. Do I need a data plan to get swirlymms to work? I don't plan on getting a data plan. In case I do need a data plan for swirlymms to work, are there alternative mms apps that doesn't require a data plan?

    .



  2. #2
    Gi0
    Gi0 is offline
    Senior Professional Array Gi0's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Havent used it for a while,but i never had a data plan and worked like a charm.Have in mind that sending mms,costs more than a typical sms.

  3. #3
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gi0 View Post
    Havent used it for a while,but i never had a data plan and worked like a charm.Have in mind that sending mms,costs more than a typical sms.
    Are you sure you never had a data plan in place to use swirlymms? Some people tell me that I need a data plan on my tmobile. How did you get your swirly to work without a data plan?

    .

  4. #4
    Gi0
    Gi0 is offline
    Senior Professional Array Gi0's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taurusx5 View Post
    Are you sure you never had a data plan in place to use swirlymms? Some people tell me that I need a data plan on my tmobile. How did you get your swirly to work without a data plan?
    Ι most surely didnt have a data plan cause i m on a prepaid card phone.Well i just installed it and fired it up.No extra efford and mms was working fine.Once again,i havent used it for a while as i said before so i have no idea about its latest version.A quick search though didnt come up with anything about data plan required.

  5. #5
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gi0 View Post
    Ι most surely didnt have a data plan cause i m on a prepaid card phone.Well i just installed it and fired it up.No extra efford and mms was working fine.Once again,i havent used it for a while as i said before so i have no idea about its latest version.A quick search though didnt come up with anything about data plan required.

    Gio, thanks for the reply. I'm on tmobile. Can you tell me how to get this thing to work? I don't see the green 'M' that indicates that it can send and receive texts. Please let me know. Thanks.
    Last edited by taurusx5; 06-04-2009 at 12:29 AM.


  6. #6
    Gi0
    Gi0 is offline
    Senior Professional Array Gi0's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    I installed-after a long time-version 1.3.2.Entered the mms settings for my provider (MMSC,Proxy,APN,Username and Password,be sure to enter them correctly).The "M" was still grey after a couple of minutes,so i used the creator's advise and rebooted the iphone.After that,"M"was green and swirly was ready to go
    Hope it helps.

  7. #7
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gi0 View Post
    I installed-after a long time-version 1.3.2.Entered the mms settings for my provider (MMSC,Proxy,APN,Username and Password,be sure to enter them correctly).The "M" was still grey after a couple of minutes,so i used the creator's advise and rebooted the iphone.After that,"M"was green and swirly was ready to go
    Hope it helps.
    Gio, did you buy the license for swirlymms? I didn't, but I got it from another source (wink, wink). The 'M' turns green, that's no problem. But, now I get a message saying, 'fetching license failed'. What do I do?

    .

  8. #8
    Gi0
    Gi0 is offline
    Senior Professional Array Gi0's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taurusx5 View Post
    I didn't, but I got it from another source (wink, wink). The 'M' turns green, that's no problem. But, now I get a message saying, 'fetching license failed'. What do I do?
    Since u got it to work,i guess u ll have to buy it if u need it.No warez allowed in here,so i cant help you

  9. #9
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gi0 View Post
    Since u got it to work,i guess u ll have to buy it if u need it.No warez allowed in here,so i cant help you
    Sounds good, no prob, Gio.

    .

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 12:35 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 06:11 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2008, 05:20 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2008, 07:51 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 02:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:08 PM.
twitter, follow us!