Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 139
Discuss DFU mode with Broken home button at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by grant1x i've had it plugged in for a day now and it ...
  1. #71
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grant1x View Post
    i've had it plugged in for a day now
    and it still hasn't turned on.

    is it because it was in recovery mode when it died?
    and how do I only restore to 3.0/3.0.1 with iTunes because it asks me to update to 3.1.3
    I'm not sure, you might have more of a hardware problem than just the broken button.

    How to restore to another OS version. Shift-click restore (or option-click on a mac) and you will get the option to browse for an IPSW. You then select 3.0 IPSW
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!


  2. #72
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I've read through this whole thread, but haven't had success. I'm also with a broken home button and would rather jailbreak and use mQuickDo than use my ATT upgrade now.

    8GB 3G iPhone 3.1.3 | FW: 5.12.01
    OSX 10.6.2
    iTunes 9.0.3

    I've never PWNed the phone before, and would be comfortable using PWNageTool or Redsn0w. If someone could give me some clearer instructions (how to edit commands in .ipsw for example), I would really appreciate it. Thanks to anyone who thinks they could be of help.

    Edit: I don't need to unlock, just jailbreak.
    Last edited by 44VIIV; 03-29-2010 at 04:06 PM.

  3. #73
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by 44VIIV View Post
    I've read through this whole thread, but haven't had success. I'm also with a broken home button and would rather jailbreak and use mQuickDo than use my ATT upgrade now.

    8GB 3G iPhone 3.1.3 | FW: 5.12.01
    OSX 10.6.2
    iTunes 9.0.3

    I've never PWNed the phone before, and would be comfortable using PWNageTool or Redsn0w. If someone could give me some clearer instructions (how to edit commands in .ipsw for example), I would really appreciate it. Thanks to anyone who thinks they could be of help.

    Edit: I don't need to unlock, just jailbreak.

    Same boat! this thread is to corrupted with other posting about other issues.

    16gb iphone 3g 3.1.3 / fw: 5.12.01
    windows 7
    newest itunes

    as far as i know phn has never been PWNed before.

    yes clearer instructions needed for windows and mac users please. Maybe a Sticky guide?

  4. #74
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snow_boy View Post
    Same boat! this thread is to corrupted with other posting about other issues.

    16gb iphone 3g 3.1.3 / fw: 5.12.01
    windows 7
    newest itunes

    as far as i know phn has never been PWNed before.

    yes clearer instructions needed for windows and mac users please. Maybe a Sticky guide?
    I have been thinking about this. Maybe I will find time on the weekend. We will see.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  5. #75
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    I have been thinking about this. Maybe I will find time on the weekend. We will see.
    sounds great!!!!


  6. #76
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    There is a new way to Jailbreak a 3G iPhone running 3.1.3 software using Spirit.

    I had to use this method because I could not get the phone into DFU mode using any of the tricks mentioned here and on other forums (broken power button)

    Instructions are posted here.
    Last edited by chillin21; 05-04-2010 at 01:05 AM.

  7. #77
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have a similar problem and not finding any solutions...

    I have a 3g running 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackra1n. I was using sbsettings for the home button and everything worked okay. I went to "Erase All Content and Settings" from the Reset menu because I was planning on selling.

    Now I'm in a boot loop. I can see the apple logo, and then after a while I get the little spinning "circle track" thing, and it freezes. Eventually the screen goes blank for a second or two and then back up to the apple logo -- rinse, repeat. This cycle repeats itself about every 10 minutes and 15 seconds or so.

    I've tried leaving blackra1n up while it looped for a few days in hopes that eventually it would "catch", but it never does. I've let the phone power all the way down, and when I plug in the USB port it comes on with the Battery and sliver of red showing along with the electrical symbol. Once it gets enough juice it continues the loop.

    I've moved the whole top assembly to another working 3G and the home button works fine so the problem is on the board. Are there any pins on the board that can be shorted to simulate a home button press? Or any place to apply some voltage to wipe out a boot block that will force this thing into DFU/Recovery mode? I know. I'm reaching...

  8. #78
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shart View Post
    "Erase All Content and Settings" from the Reset menu because I was planning on selling.

    Now I'm in a boot loop. I can see the apple logo, and then after a while I get the little spinning "circle track" thing, and it freezes. Eventually the screen goes blank for a second or two and then back up to the apple logo -- rinse, repeat. This cycle repeats itself about every 10 minutes and 15 seconds or so.

    I've tried leaving blackra1n up while it looped for a few days in hopes that eventually it would "catch", but it never does. I've let the phone power all the way down, and when I plug in the USB port it comes on with the Battery and sliver of red showing along with the electrical symbol. Once it gets enough juice it continues the loop.
    Blackra1n won't help in this situation. You need to restore your OS.

    I would suggest you post in the hardware section about triggering a home button by shorting out specific pins. Don't know the answer to this myself but it sounds feasible.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  9. #79
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hey everyone, I've been reading through this whole thread very carefully trying and yet I haven't understood how to do this.

    I've an iPhone 2g with a broken sleep button. I updated it to 3.1.3 yesterday and wasn't aware that it would lock the SIM-card again.I've access to both a computer running Windows XP and a laptop running OSX Snow Leopard.

    So the problem I'm having is that I need to get my phone into DFU mode in order to unlock it.

    So I've tried "corrupting the NOR-files" or whatever you'd like to call it. I've modified an .ispw so that the "LLB.m68ap.RELEASE.img3"-file is now just a copy of the "applelogo.s5l8900x.img3"-file. The problem I'm having though is that I don't quite understand how I'm supposed to use this file. As the phone is locked (unactivated) I can't get to the "restore" button in iTunes.
    So what do I do?

    Thanks in advance!

  10. #80
    Senior Professional Array x98car's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    333
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Google Recboot, it can put your iphone into recovery mode for you


 

 

LinkBacks (?)


Similar Threads

  1. How to get into DFU mode With A Broken Home Button (iOS 4.2.1)
    By djfreedom9505 in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2011, 09:24 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 09:47 AM
  3. Broken home button
    By dreday in forum iPhone 3G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 05:01 AM
  4. getting in to dfu with broken home button on mac
    By arcenik in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 09:41 PM
  5. Broken Mic and home button
    By UV RAYS in forum Hardware
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 08:35 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:16 PM.
twitter, follow us!