Discuss Dev Team iUnlock Guide - In progress at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Thanks to Harro and dev team and sam
Crackers software unlock guide with files
Dev Team iUnlock Guide - In progress
Thanks to Harro and dev team and sam
Crackers software unlock guide with files
May need to install bsd subsystem. The rest should work!
• Have the system restored with 1.02.
• Connect your iPhone via USB Cable to your computer
• Ignore and shut down iTunes
MAC: The following tasks involve using iNdependence.
PC: The following tasks involve using iBrickr
• Jailbreak your iPhone using iNdependence or Brickr
• Activate your iPhone using iNdependence or Brickr (or Iasign for PC)
• Install SSH using iNdependence or Brickr
Install the BSD Subsystem. Use AppTapp or iBrickr
• Now we want to copy the files from the Required Files folder
• Copy the Files to your desktop.
Use an SFTP client
Mac: I used fetch to connect to your iPhone. - Some people are having problems with fetch. I will investigate and update soon.
PC: Use WinSCP
• Make a new connection using your iphones ip and the login: root and pass: dottie
• Specify the path as /usr/bin
• If you can't directly connect to the /usr/bin directory try locate it in your Sftp client.
• Copy (drag from your computer to ipod dir screen) the files across and specify that they are all 0755 permissions.
MAC: Open Terminal (on mac) and type in: "ssh -l root xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" (The xxx's are your iphones ip address - dont type the "")
PC: Open Putty and type in your ip of your iphone and hit connect
PC: You will be asked for a login: root and a password dottie
MAC: You should be asked for a password, enter dottie
MAC: Now at the prompt type launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist NOTE if this didn't work, just do the PC method directly below.
PC : This bit didnt work for me, the unload of the commcenter so I went into my SFTP client, navigated to the LaunchDaemons directory and just copied the commcenter file to my desktop, then deleted it from the iphone
• Type mkdir -p /usr/local/etc and hit enter.
• Your folder to save minicom data is now prepared.
• Type in: minicom -s and hit enter
• Navigate with the arrow keys down to Change serial and press enter
• Press A
• Press delete until all you are left with is /dev/
• Type in tty.baseband (it should now look like /dev/tty.baseband)
• Press Enter
• Press ESC
• Navigate down to exit and hit Enter
• Type in AT and hit enter. You should see it say OK.
• Hold Control and press A. Let go of the buttons and Then press X. It will ask if you wish to exit. Hit enter.
• Type in cd /usr/bin and hit Enter
• Type in iunlock ICE03.14.08_G.fls nor and hit enter. It should complete after a little while.
• Type minicom and hit enter
AT S7=45 S0=0 L1 V1 X4 &c1 E1 Q0
Now back in SSH type launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
Restart your phone
The iphone has now been software unlocked
Last edited by Cracker; 09-12-2007 at 03:44 AM.
Ok I need to confirm if we need to set up minicom with the baseband config.
I also have to confirm about the bsd subsystem.
I will be trying this shortly
Last edited by Cracker; 09-12-2007 at 03:35 AM.
Great Work Thanks
Even if I have already sent payment to trash, I have not received anything, because of your team I will have unlock my iphone for free before trash send me the unlock.
Thanks a lot.
This site has a good tutorial.
Very detailed. I highly recommend this. Will update when it's done, I'm at 65%.
Originally Posted by thenet
Yes, that guide sure looks like, but it PC only
Let's hope for a mac one!
Amazing job Dev Team, you guys did it, be proud!
hey..could anyone help me please... i type iunlock ICE03.14.08_G.fls nor in the terminal and it wont recognize "iunlock" i type only CE03.14.08_G.fls it says permission denied: ... what can i do ?
if you have previously activated the iphone thru ibrickr, do you still need to system restore an iphone with 1.0.2 running?
Same problem here, but I found that the U in iUnlock needed to be capitalized. But now I get a "zsh: permission denied" any help is greatly appreciated. I feel like I'm right on the edge of finishing and can't quite get over the edge!
Originally Posted by LuB
By robytj in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 12-09-2007, 11:27 PM
By vpr in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-16-2007, 10:09 PM
By jprooney in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 09-22-2007, 09:22 PM
By sahirhussain in forum General
Last Post: 09-12-2007, 09:23 AM
By Cracker in forum General
Last Post: 09-12-2007, 05:59 AM