Results 1 to 9 of 9
Discuss [Cancel AT&T] Do i have to return phone? at the General - Hackint0sh.org; So when all this started.. one of the ways to activate the phone was to ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default [Cancel AT&T] Do i have to return phone?

    So when all this started.. one of the ways to activate the phone was to open an account, then cancel it and keep the phone. I went this way on my NEW iPhone, since the first one i bought died and they wouldnt warranty it since it was never activated with AT&T.
    I just called AT&T to cancel the account, and they told me the only way they could cancel it was to either take it to the Apple store and return the phone, or they charge me $175..
    I know people have activated/canceled/kept the phone... how do you do that??!?!?



  2. #2
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShreddinPB View Post
    So when all this started.. one of the ways to activate the phone was to open an account, then cancel it and keep the phone. I went this way on my NEW iPhone, since the first one i bought died and they wouldnt warranty it since it was never activated with AT&T.
    I just called AT&T to cancel the account, and they told me the only way they could cancel it was to either take it to the Apple store and return the phone, or they charge me $175..
    I know people have activated/canceled/kept the phone... how do you do that??!?!?
    You don't have to return the iPhone, and whoever told you that is an idiot.

    They are referring to an early plan cancellation charge of $175.
    (Have you had the plan more than 30 days?)

    Service Cancellation

    You may cancel service within 30 days from the activation date to avoid the early termination fee of $175.

    You will be responsible for all applicable usage fees, prorated access charges, taxes, surcharges or other charges through the termination date.

    If you cancel service within the return period but do not return the equipment within the return period or if equipment is not returned in like-new condition, you may be charged the full retail price of the equipment.

    If you paid a security deposit, it will take 1 to 2 billing cycles to process the return of the security deposit. The charges for service used on the account before the service termination date will be applied against the security deposit.

  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    You don't have to return the iPhone, and whoever told you that is an idiot.

    They are referring to an early plan cancellation charge of $175.
    (Have you had the plan more than 30 days?)

    Service Cancellation

    You may cancel service within 30 days from the activation date to avoid the early termination fee of $175.

    You will be responsible for all applicable usage fees, prorated access charges, taxes, surcharges or other charges through the termination date.

    If you cancel service within the return period but do not return the equipment within the return period or if equipment is not returned in like-new condition, you may be charged the full retail price of the equipment.

    If you paid a security deposit, it will take 1 to 2 billing cycles to process the return of the security deposit. The charges for service used on the account before the service termination date will be applied against the security deposit.
    Yeah, thats what i thought.
    I even talked to the persons supervisor, and they told me the same thing. Should I just call AT&T back and try to cancel again? The account has only been active 4 days, so its well within the 30 day limit.

    but what about this part?
    "If you cancel service within the return period but do not return the equipment within the return period or if equipment is not returned in like-new condition, you may be charged the full retail price of the equipment."

    we pay full retail for these phones from apple dont we??

  4. #4
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Yes, you already bought and own the iPhone.
    Yes, call back and cancel the account.

    Only thing they can do is make you pay early plan termination fees/penalties.
    But, if the account is only 4 days old they cannot.

  5. #5
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    Yes, you already bought and own the iPhone.
    Yes, call back and cancel the account.

    Only thing they can do is make you pay early plan termination fees/penalties.
    But, if the account is only 4 days old they cannot.
    YOU WIN !


  6. #6
    Board Hero Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mustang Ridge, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    but you kno if you have to restore your sol when it comes to activating the phone right??

    ud have to do it the old fashion way

  7. #7
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by truehybridx View Post
    but you kno if you have to restore your sol when it comes to activating the phone right??

    ud have to do it the old fashion way
    I restored it and it activates thru AT&T just fine.. the problem comes in when trying to use the hypersim in it (since its 1.1.2.OTB)
    to use hypersim you have to activate the old fashioned way, which is totally fine, so easy to do now a days.

  8. #8
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I called back today..
    the girl goes, "you have an iphone?"
    I go "yes"
    Her: "Verify your address"
    me: [verified]
    her: "thanks your account has been cancelled, anything else i can do for you?"

  9. #9
    Senior Professional Array Saint355's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    155
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    her: anything else i can do for you?
    you: umm. phone sex maybe. u do that kinda stuff?




    by the way.. this is only a joke. i kno there are some crazy ppl on here that'll start flaming like crazy. so just relax.
    8GB Apple iPhone

    Firmware 1.1.3 w/ 4.6 Bootloader
    Fully unlocked.


    <----- Did you find my post useful? Thumbs up!
    <----- Did you find my post useless? Thumbs down!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 06:10 PM
  2. MacNN: Verizon to FCC: cancel fees based on high phone costs
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 11:50 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 05:43 PM
  4. phone return , what to do ?? Help
    By maestro25i in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 03:09 AM
  5. MacNN: FCC deal would limit early phone cancel fees
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 03:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:58 PM.
twitter, follow us!