Discuss Buy service plan after hack? at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Hi,
Perhaps it is a stupid question.
I activated the iphone with the hack!
you can reset it back to normal - it's in one of the threads lol
Please post your findings if you decide to do this. I'd like to hear confirmed results of what someone had to do that goes from hack and not caring about using it as a phone, to undoing the hack and getting the phone working.
at this very moment im awating at&t activation, i activated the phone with dvd jon hack last week, and i funded my account just to see what happens, heres the steps ive taken so far:
- tried to activate the phone with pre-paid plan and i got a phone number and pin number but could not fund the account.
- activated the phone with dvd jon hack on a windows pc
- could not see ipod playlists, videos etc until i removed the sim card.
- been syncing the iphone with my mac without any problem
- been able to use ipod and wifi features except for the you tube app.
- love my 599 USD iPod/WiFi device
today july 9th:
- put the sim card back in
- connected the iphone to my mac and opened iTunes
- it asked me to fund my at&t account
- funded my account (i live in mexico but my itunes account has a USA address, my credit card billing address is mexican so when i filled in my billing address i wrote the same USA address i have on my itunes account, it didnt match the credit card address but it worked)
- then a mesagge "awaiting at&t activation, may take several minutes (ages) bla bla bla" appeared on my iphone.
- i waited for about 1 hour for the message to disappear but i got tired of waiting so i unlocked (sliding finger) the phone.
- i found out that all the music and photos are still there as well as my bookmarks.
- the mesage saying awating activation disapeared but i dont have any phone signal (i dont know if thats ok as im in mexico and i dont know if oyu can have roaming with pre paid plans)
- the you tube application is available now!!
well thats it for now, im going to cancel the att account and see what happens.
i apologize for my english.
By Neobond in forum General
Last Post: 08-19-2008, 07:00 PM
By CycloneFr in forum General
Last Post: 12-03-2007, 10:23 PM
By FARAZSID in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-19-2007, 05:50 PM