Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
Discuss [Bluetooth] fully working for BMW *FREE* at the General - Hackint0sh.org; ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Cool [Bluetooth] fully working for BMW *FREE*

    Hi all,

    When I bought my BMW E60 (525d) last week, I was wondering if the iPhone was able to connect to the car via bluetooth.

    BMW told me that they will give out an adapter for the iPhone but this will only work with cars from 09.2007. My BMW was build in 2006.

    Yesterday I powered down my bluetooth headset while I was in the car and started to check the bluetooth status inside the settings of the iPhone. I was surprised to find a Bluetooth device "BMWxxxx". After connection, setting PINs and reentering inside the NAVI Professional I have the following features inside the car:

    - iPhone connected to cars speakers and microphone
    - full list of addresses inside my iPhone available through voice dial and Navi-Screen
    - display of signal strength in Navi-Screen
    - incoming/outgoing calls fully working
    - seems to be a better connection (using cars antenna?) - less signal dropouts in this area

    and best: it's for free!!! They normaly charge you 75€ for the adapter. OK I cannot charge it through this adapter but who cares.

    BTW the iPhone does not seem to provide a device name (BMW shows "NoName")



  2. #2
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuwait
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    it's work with GPS Garmin 760
    iPhone 32Gb 3.1.2 official unlock

  3. #3
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    150
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronin74 View Post
    Hi all,

    When I bought my BMW E60 (525d) last week, I was wondering if the iPhone was able to connect to the car via bluetooth.

    BMW told me that they will give out an adapter for the iPhone but this will only work with cars from 09.2007. My BMW was build in 2006.

    Yesterday I powered down my bluetooth headset while I was in the car and started to check the bluetooth status inside the settings of the iPhone. I was surprised to find a Bluetooth device "BMWxxxx". After connection, setting PINs and reentering inside the NAVI Professional I have the following features inside the car:

    - iPhone connected to cars speakers and microphone
    - full list of addresses inside my iPhone available through voice dial and Navi-Screen
    - display of signal strength in Navi-Screen
    - incoming/outgoing calls fully working
    - seems to be a better connection (using cars antenna?) - less signal dropouts in this area

    and best: it's for free!!! They normaly charge you 75€ for the adapter. OK I cannot charge it through this adapter but who cares.

    BTW the iPhone does not seem to provide a device name (BMW shows "NoName")
    Great news!!!! All I need now is a BMW E60!! :p

  4. #4
    Board Hero Array lordofdaflies's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    1,134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    76

    Default

    So ur not using this adaptor but ur bluetooth is connecting to your BMW
    is ur iphone unlocked/jailbroken?

  5. #5
    Amazingly Knowledgeable Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordofdaflies View Post
    So ur not using this adaptor but ur bluetooth is connecting to your BMW
    is ur iphone unlocked/jailbroken?
    Why does it matter? unlock and jailbreak have nothing to do with bluetooth.


  6. #6
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The adapter isn't for handsfree use. The adapter will allow you to interface an iPod with the radio and access your music library using iDrive. You'd probably still have to use bluetooth to connect the iPhone to the handsfree system, as the iPod adapter is just that - an iPod adapter.

  7. #7
    Professional Array iAta's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vineetmanghani View Post
    Great news!!!! All I need now is a BMW E60!! :p
    me too .. anyway thanks about the news !! :p
    i got 2Door E46 with no bluetooth unfortunately

  8. #8
    xmb
    xmb is offline
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kankon View Post
    it's work with GPS Garmin 760
    Can you confirm which functions work with the Garmin 760?

  9. #9
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuwait
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    it's very normal .. jist set on blutoothe gps garmin then go to iphone and set on blutoothe then you can see name blutoothe gps
    iPhone 32Gb 3.1.2 official unlock

  10. #10
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    It also works in my 2006 BMW Z4 Coupé 3.0si (MK4 Nav with BT) and with my Kenwood DNX7200 Nav in my Peugeot 207 :-)

    Got to say, it´s the best connection ever (best speech quality) compared to Motorola, SonyEricsson and Nokia phones...

    Greetings from Germany :-)

    Nunki


 

 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-25-2013, 07:29 AM
  2. Bluetooth Fully Unlockable With 3.0 JB
    By LOL in forum iPod Touch 2G
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 05:54 PM
  3. Please fix my ATi X1800 and im fully working!
    By phoenix_splx in forum Hardware
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-26-2008, 06:43 PM
  4. FS: 8GB iphone in UK - Not fully working
    By djlysuc in forum Flea Market
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 06:00 PM
  5. FS: 8Gb iphone in UK - Not fully working
    By djlysuc in forum Flea Market
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 05:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:01 PM.
twitter, follow us!