Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
Discuss Apple may release an Unlock for iPhone? at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by max. If you don't believe that Apple can sell an unlock code, ...
  1. #21
    Senior Professional Array DeadRobot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    217
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by max. View Post
    If you don't believe that Apple can sell an unlock code, please explain to me this:

    Why Apple sells the iphones on their shops, if they can only sell them on the ATT stores?

    If they would like to avoid all of this problems the solution was to sell the iphones on the ATT stores directly, where people would sign right there a contract for over 2 years.

    Apple is selling the iphones on their stores because of a reason, they are causing all this problems because any one can go and buy an iphone and later activated it by the methods everyone knows right here.

    How much iphones have Apple sell that are not activated by ATT?

    In my country you can't buy some phones if you don't do it directly with the cell company, that way they are 100% sure that the people that is buying that phone is going to contract the line directly with them.

    I STILL BELIEVE THAT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOONER OR LATER APPLE WILL SELL AN UNLOCK CODE.

    THE ONLY WAY TO STOP PEOPLE FOR HACKING THEIR IPHONES IS SELLING THE IPHONES ON ATT STORES.
    I agree that the only way to stop anything prohibited is to go along with the convention. Look at Canada/Denmark and pot. Legalize it and sell it.

    Apple will never sell an unlock. To do so would damage their relationship with any carrier they team up with. They need specific carriers for their visual voice mail and other new features that may come down the line.

    But know this: Apple could care less if you hack your phone and go with another carrier. YOU BOUGHT THEIR PHONE! They have your money already. The rest is up to the carrier. It's out of Apple's hands. That's why it's AT&T making (apparently) threatening phone calls to the Hackers that stand to take money from them. Not Apple.
    Can I sync my iPhone to my Newton?


  2. #22
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by max. View Post
    If you don't believe that Apple can sell an unlock code, please explain to me this:

    Why Apple sells the iphones on their shops, if they can only sell them on the ATT stores?

    If they would like to avoid all of this problems the solution was to sell the iphones on the ATT stores directly, where people would sign right there a contract for over 2 years.

    Apple is selling the iphones on their stores because of a reason, they are causing all this problems because any one can go and buy an iphone and later activated it by the methods everyone knows right here.

    How much iphones have Apple sell that are not activated by ATT?

    In my country you can't buy some phones if you don't do it directly with the cell company, that way they are 100% sure that the people that is buying that phone is going to contract the line directly with them.

    I STILL BELIEVE THAT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOONER OR LATER APPLE WILL SELL AN UNLOCK CODE.

    THE ONLY WAY TO STOP PEOPLE FOR HACKING THEIR IPHONES IS SELLING THE IPHONES ON ATT STORES.
    um, apple sells the phone in their stores because it is their product. They also sell it in their stores because it drives people in to buy other apple products. I believe apple will unlock the phone, but it will do it in 2 years when their contract runs out with ATT, they can and will not unlock it now (if they did all european phone companies wouldn't care about contacts with apple.)

  3. #23
    Senior Professional Array Lardnapkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I got hit sitting on the train by this big T... blonde who Love my PhoneIpod ....I humored her while being lulled into a state of bliss by her bopping bo.....sorry got side tracked here.
    :p

  4. #24
    Senior Professional Array DeadRobot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    217
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lardnapkin View Post
    I got hit sitting on the train by this big T... blonde who Love my PhoneIpod ....I humored her while being lulled into a state of bliss by her bopping bo.....sorry got side tracked here.
    :p
    Damn you Lard! Damn you to hell!

    I've decided to wait 10 days before going to Bongo.

    We all want to be hit on. Hence the male postulating, dogfighting about when/where/why.
    Can I sync my iPhone to my Newton?

  5. #25
    Senior Professional Array Lardnapkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadRobot View Post
    Damn you Lard! Damn you to hell!

    I've decided to wait 10 days before going to Bongo.

    We all want to be hit on. Hence the male postulating, dogfighting about when/where/why.

    To answer your question about when the Iphone will officially be released...I have the word for ya NEVER Our CTO's bro is a bigwig with Rogers and the word is that the market is too small...bla blabla bla.

    WHEN= it is here, 2 needles lot's of paticene
    WHY?= Cause it is so far the only reliable method
    WHERE?= in your mom's basement


  6. #26
    Senior Professional Array DeadRobot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    217
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lardnapkin View Post
    To answer your question about when the Iphone will officially be released...I have the word for ya NEVER Our CTO's bro is a bigwig with Rogers and the word is that the market is too small...bla blabla bla.

    WHEN= it is here, 2 needles lot's of paticene
    WHY?= Cause it is so far the only reliable method
    WHERE?= in your mom's basement
    My signature is just a cry into the dark. I guess I need to change it.

    I'm convinced it won't be released in Canada officially. Rogers shop clerks are openly telling people to hack their phones. Why? Because there's a 50/50 chance you'll wind up using a Rogers/Fido plan anyway!

    Welcome to Monopoly. Go Directly to Jail(break). Do not pass Go.
    Can I sync my iPhone to my Newton?

  7. #27
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Faroe Islands
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadRobot View Post
    But know this: Apple could care less if you hack your phone and go with another carrier. YOU BOUGHT THEIR PHONE! They have your money already. The rest is up to the carrier. It's out of Apple's hands. That's why it's AT&T making (apparently) threatening phone calls to the Hackers that stand to take money from them. Not Apple.
    Eh... No. Apple's contract with AT&T says, that Apple are to receive a certain amount of money per iPhone registered with AT&T. I don't think Apple will release unlocks for iPhone v. 1
    Petemag - Running on a 15" MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz and an 8GB iPhone SW unlocked - SW unlocked 45 iPhones and HW unlocked 2 iPhone

  8. #28
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by petemag View Post
    Eh... No. Apple's contract with AT&T says, that Apple are to receive a certain amount of money per iPhone registered with AT&T. I don't think Apple will release unlocks for iPhone v. 1
    If an unlock will be released, it will be released by AT&T - and they will charge you a fee. It's the same like with all the other SIM-locked phones: You're getting the unlock code on request once your contract has been terminated after two (or three?) years. Or you have to pay an early termination fee to get the code. But you never ever will see an unlock code coming from Apple.

    cu/

    Sergeij

  9. #29
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syntrak View Post
    The recent update is a a very bold statement from IPSF.

    If they come through with the goods - I think we will all be bowled over.

    If they fail to deliver a product that is 'immune' from future updates, then it will be a failure.

    HAVING SAID THAT....I personally believe that Apple will shine through on this and release an unlock option in conjunction with AT&T. This is the only way forward.

    In the same way as BootCamp was released - Apple will release the option (for a fee of course).

    As the potential earnings of an unlock could offset the loss by AT&T, or at least soften the blow, they have no alternative.

    For a breakthrough device such as the iPhone, do you really think Apple would want a bunch of hackers taking market share ?

    Consider everything to date as beta testing. Boith in terms of technology and customer feedback.

    The unlock is overdue - Apple will step in to prevent its name being dragged through the mud. And if AT&T dont like it ? Apple will sign a new contract with someone else.

    Dont flame me ! But instead consider the bigger picture.
    That's the funniest post I've read in a long time. Thank you. Thank you.

    Ok look. Just because you want something DOESNT mean it's gonna happen. Apple is NOT going to release an unlock.

    Why is it.... ugh.... oh never mind.

  10. #30
    Amazingly Knowledgeable Array bezman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    what i think is hilarious is apple will have their even later, no iphone updates will be made and no IPSF unlock will come either

    and this forum will get even more crazy'

    i am sorry but all this has done is made this forum very full of miss information and very hard to get clear useful info from...

    i was browsing for weeks before i even registered, and still don't post regularly, i just like to absorb the info - but the info is so hard to get now and very very difficult to keep track of with so many threads...

    i personally think that the supersim/turbosim method and geohot method are the only way to go now,


    even if IPSF came out, if they ended up doing an update, they took so long to bring v1.0 how long will it take them to update and redistribute, (if they even bother)




    as far as apple releasing an unlock - mmm - only if AT&T got 50% of the for example $75 unlocking charge,, OR if it was a recurring annual fee - like $49/year to have an iphone unlocked outside the USA and you simply don't get the extra carrier dependant services/features (youtube and visual voicemail - well unless you hack that too)

    but all that is speculation

    apple and ipsf are not releasing anything imho.. but thats jsut me.
    (now where are my nutz so i can do this geohot unlock)
    Last edited by bezman; 09-05-2007 at 04:31 PM.


 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Iphone 3G Unlock basband 5.14.2 with 06.04 release date ?
    By kumar_ptp in forum Ultrasn0w (3G(S)/iPhone 4 unlock)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 05:19 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 02:50 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 11:59 PM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 08:25 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 05:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:26 PM.
twitter, follow us!