Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Discuss anysim v1.1.1 on ibrickr gone? at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Hi all, Can anyone tell me where anysim1.1.1 has gone from ibrickr and if it ...
  1. #1
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default anysim v1.1.1 on ibrickr gone?

    Hi all,

    Can anyone tell me where anysim1.1.1 has gone from ibrickr and if it is coming back on?

    I have just downgraded a iphone from 1.1.1 back down to 1.0.2 using ibrickr now i obviously need to get anysim v1.1.1 on there but now on ibrickr there is only v1.0.2 now i have the anysimv1.1.1 file which i downloaded and it downloads as a rar file. Someone told me i needed to change the file from .rar to .pxl and upload it that way but i cannot change the file?!! WHat changes the file? the folder? a app inside the folder? I'm very confused!!

    Usings Windows which has winrar.

    Can anyone just make this very simple and point me in the direction of somewhere that may just have the pxl file?



  2. #2
    Senior Professional Array RiqTosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Bronx, NY
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    What do you get when you extract the Anysim RAR file?

    Do you get:

    AnySim.app

    or do you get AnySim.pxl?

  3. #3
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiqTosh View Post
    What do you get when you extract the Anysim RAR file?

    Do you get:

    AnySim.app

    or do you get AnySim.pxl?
    I then get a folder AnySIM-1.1.

    Inside that is anySIM.app then inside that all the other files.. lock, anysim all the pic's etc

  4. #4
    Senior Professional Array RiqTosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Bronx, NY
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by watsonnicole1 View Post
    I then get a folder AnySIM-1.1.

    Inside that is anySIM.app then inside that all the other files.. lock, anysim all the pic's etc
    Here a link to anySIM.pxl:

    http://iphone.exploit.org/pxl/anySIM-1.1.pxl

    Now you should be able to use iBrickr to install it.

  5. #5
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiqTosh View Post
    Here a link to anySIM.pxl:

    http://iphone.exploit.org/pxl/anySIM-1.1.pxl

    Now you should be able to use iBrickr to install it.
    Thanks for taking the time to help but no that did not work either. Once i extract it none if the files are .pxl? Do i need to rename something?
    Last edited by watsonnicole1; 10-24-2007 at 10:46 PM.


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array RiqTosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Bronx, NY
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by watsonnicole1 View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to help but no that did not work either. Once i extract it none if the files are .pxl?
    The link I posted is the .pxl file. No need to extract.
    Ibrickr has an option to "install from .pxl file."

    Click on "Install from .pxl file" a window will pop up and you browse to the location where you saved the anySIM.pxl file to. Upload and let iBrickr do it's thing.

    Once you reboot the phone the AnySim icon should be on your springboard.

  7. #7
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiqTosh View Post
    The link I posted is the .pxl file. No need to extract.
    Ibrickr has an option to "install from .pxl file."

    Click on "Install from .pxl file" a window will pop up and you browse to the location where you saved the anySIM.pxl file to. Upload and let iBrickr do it's thing.

    Once you reboot the phone the AnySim icon should be on your springboard.
    I am obviousy being really thick here but i clicked on the link you just gave but it saves a .zip file?

    Which i can do nothing with untill i unzip.

    It was a rar file but i uninstalled winrar to see if it made a different but instead just turned it to a zip

  8. #8
    Senior Professional Array RiqTosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Bronx, NY
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by watsonnicole1 View Post
    I am obviousy being really thick here but i clicked on the link you just gave but it saves a .zip file?

    Which i can do nothing with untill i unzip.

    It was a rar file but i uninstalled winrar to see if it made a different but instead just turned it to a zip

    Holy cow! Not sure what to tell you, sorry.
    When I click on the link (i'm using FireFox by the way) I can download it as a .pxl file. It doesn't change to .zip or anything like that.

    Are you on windows? You want to try downloading the file using firefox or other browwser?

  9. #9
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiqTosh View Post
    Holy cow! Not sure what to tell you, sorry.
    When I click on the link (i'm using FireFox by the way) I can download it as a .pxl file. It doesn't change to .zip or anything like that.

    Are you on windows? You want to try downloading the file using firefox or other browwser?
    let me try firefox. Yes on windows, as soon as i click on the link it asks me to save the file. which is anysim-v1.1.zip

  10. #10
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    o.m.g!! It worked! I think people on the downgrading post thought i was the thickest person to live because i have been trying all day since 11am to get the file into a pxl and i couldn't obviously Internet explorer doesn't like pxl files.

    Thank You


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 01:25 PM
  2. **installed anysim with IBRICKR on 1.1.1***
    By JD914 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 07:02 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 12:11 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 05:35 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 12:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:28 PM.
twitter, follow us!