Discuss [Advice] Upgraded to 2.0 build 5a258f, downgraded and bricked at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Hey, how did you even maage to downgrade to 1.1.4???
Since I have upgraded to ...
I can't get out of Recovery Mode!!!
Hey, how did you even maage to downgrade to 1.1.4???
Since I have upgraded to 5A258f, iTunes does not install any iPhone Software below 5A258f anymore.
For example, if I try to install 1.1.4, it says it's preparing the iPhone for Software upgrade... the iPhone reboots, and stops at the recovery screen (Connect to iTunes-thingy)
And I have tried ZiPhone for rebooting into normal mode, nothing happens...
It says it's searching for an iPhone...and nothing seems to happen
iTunes recognizes it, but, as I said, can only restore the hated 5A258f Software.
Note: iTunes does not display the iPhone at all if the MobileDevice.framework from the recent iPhone SDK is not installed.
********** means the most common Download-hosting service
rapid$hare with s ;-)
U upgraded to 2.0?
If u restore to 1.1.4
And u get an error
And u are stuck with the cable and iTunes logo
Open iBrickr and click on Boot Iphone
thanks but the iPhone isn't even recognized by iBrickr in that state, nor by any other application than iTunes for the Mac with MobileDevice.framework from iPhone SDK Beta 4.
Means: Even iTunes for Windows does not recognize it!
Only iTunes (Mac with SDK Beta 4) says that there is an iPhone in recovery mode,
and when I hit "Restore", the only Firmware that will actually get the iPhone to reboot into installation, is the new 5A258f Beta, which I don't want anymore.
So I'm stuck.
Can it be that I can't enter the DFU mode/or that the RecoveryMode has changed that it isn't compatible with "old" apps anymore?
Last edited by cmaus; 05-06-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Originally Posted by cmaus
Maybe u could get ur 1.1.4 fresh firmware and rename it with the 2.0 firmware.
So it will be 1.1.4 with a fake name.
I wish I coud get to BootNeuter!
First, renaming the file does not do anything. The contents are still the same,
second: I tried to modify the 2.0 package by unzipping it, and the 1.1.4 package as well, then swapping some included files from 1.1.4 to 2.0.
That always resulted in Error 1 when trying to restore from a modified package...
I'm having the exact same problem.
I tried the patched ZiPhone and it reboots the phone into DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode but then everything just hangs. I can kill ZiPhone but the only way to get a working phone is to restore 5A258f.
After search and help from other members, please follow the process in this link
You have to put it in DFU mode correctly, ziphone or any tool does not work.
You will know when you are in DFU mode when the screen is bacl rather than itunes logo
Perfect!!!! Thanks ... that did the trick.
For posterity (and other's like me who want to downgrade from 2.0_5A258f to 1.1.4), here's what I did:
- Open iTunes
- Connect the iPhone
- Put the phone into DFU mode by performing the following 2 steps
- . Hold down both the sleep/power and home button for 10 secs
- . Release the sleep/power and continue to hold the home button
- iTunes will pop up a message that says the device is in Restore mode and you need to restore. The iPhone screen should still be black at this point. If it is not, repeat the steps to put the phone into DFU mode until iTunes says the device is in restore mode and the phone screen is black
- Click OK on the warning
- Hold down the Option button and click the Restore button
- Navigate to the 1.1.4 firmware, select it and click OK
- iTunes will proceed with the upgrade process
- When iTunes is complete it will try to boot the phone, verify the firmware, and (in my case) fail with a 1015 error
- Click OK
- At this point you should see the iTunes logo with the cable on the iPhone screen
- Close iTunes
- Open ZiPhone patched by kIREmK
- Make sure that you are on the BL 3.9 & 4.6 selection
- Check the Baseband downgrading check box
- Click Start
- In the Progress log box you should see some log progress and then something that says "wait 2'30"" or something like that.
- At this point you should see some CLI information scrolling on the iPhone screen
- Wait the 2:30 and the iPhone should reboot
When this process is complete you should have your 1.1.4 firmware back on the iPhone. I had 04.03.13_G modem firmware. I haven't re-upgraded the firmware to see if I return to 04.04.05_G (or whatever is current for 1.1.4) modem firmware or not. I'm going to run with this configuration a day or so and make sure things work.
Hope this helps someone.
Last edited by djflux; 05-07-2008 at 11:09 PM.
(Anyone tried the new 5A274D Software? )
By sirbobmontgomery in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 07-26-2008, 01:04 AM
By ChronicProductions in forum General
Last Post: 04-29-2008, 08:43 PM
By Hermit in forum General
Last Post: 01-28-2008, 07:37 PM
By yogi799 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-17-2008, 09:28 AM
By yogi799 in forum General
Last Post: 01-17-2008, 04:34 AM