Results 1 to 10 of 10
Discuss [Advice][AT&T] Are Sim Cards associated to the phone ? at the General - Hackint0sh.org; hi, I have two iphones one is activated and the other one is not. The ...
  1. #1
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default [Advice][AT&T] Are Sim Cards associated to the phone ?

    hi,

    I have two iphones one is activated and the other one is not. The last of the two is now broken and I am wondering: If I swap the sim cards and go to an apple store is there any way they can check if the sim is the original one?

    thanks for your help.



  2. #2
    Board Hero Array lordofdaflies's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    1,134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    76

    Default

    no they are not related only the carrier is
    MacBook Pro OS X SNOW Leopard
    iPhone 4 16GB iOS 4.2
    iPad WiFi 64GB iOS 4.2
    BlackBerry Curve 3G (9300)

  3. #3
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordofdaflies View Post
    no they are not related only the carrier is
    thanks for the answer..what do you mean "only the carrier is"?

    anyway so if I swap the sim cards and go with the broken iphone to an apple store I should be able to have it replaced with another one?

  4. #4
    Board Hero Array lordofdaflies's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    1,134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    76

    Default

    iPhone in the us only works with AT&T, unless u jailbreak it and hack unlock, so it does not matter (if u have a unhacked) iphone which sim u put is as long as it is an AT&T sim

    AT&T is the official carrier for the US

    where are u from and which carrier sells the iphone??

    EDIT
    just read ur title so ur AT&T US

    all u need to do is pop in an AT&T card into ur iphone u wanna return and do a restore of that phone so it is not hacked and the guys at the apple store or AT&T store cant tell u jailbroke it
    Last edited by lordofdaflies; 07-15-2008 at 05:49 PM.
    MacBook Pro OS X SNOW Leopard
    iPhone 4 16GB iOS 4.2
    iPad WiFi 64GB iOS 4.2
    BlackBerry Curve 3G (9300)

  5. #5
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordofdaflies View Post
    iPhone in the us only works with AT&T, unless u jailbreak it and hack unlock, so it does not matter (if u have a unhacked) iphone which sim u put is as long as it is an AT&T sim

    AT&T is the official carrier for the US

    where are u from and which carrier sells the iphone??

    EDIT
    just read ur title so ur AT&T US

    all u need to do is pop in an AT&T card into ur iphone u wanna return and do a restore of that phone so it is not hacked and the guys at the apple store or AT&T store cant tell u jailbroke it
    thanks a lot for your help.cheers


  6. #6
    Board Hero Array lordofdaflies's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    1,134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    76

    Default

    any time

    dont forget to restore
    oh also ur bootloader should be the original so u might need to use bootneuter (if u had upgraded/downgraded to 4.6/3.9)
    MacBook Pro OS X SNOW Leopard
    iPhone 4 16GB iOS 4.2
    iPad WiFi 64GB iOS 4.2
    BlackBerry Curve 3G (9300)

  7. #7
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordofdaflies View Post
    any time

    dont forget to restore
    oh also ur bootloader should be the original so u might need to use bootneuter (if u had upgraded/downgraded to 4.6/3.9)
    well actually my phone has both BL and Baseband corrupted (error 1011) and therefore I am unable to use bootneuter to reflash the BL.
    besides putting my phone in the microwave for a couple of seconds... Is there anything else that I can use to make sure that they cannot check which BL I have (as originally it was downgraded)?
    what do you suggest?

    thanks a lot

  8. #8
    Board Hero Array lordofdaflies's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    1,134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    76

    Default

    hmmm i face a very similar situation with an iphone im working on
    it has no fw the BB is wonked and BL im not sure
    but im in indai and i cant return it

    well you could try just returning the phone and since it wont boot properly and the BB and BL arnt there u shouldnt really have a problem

    have you tried a DFU restore and then unlock with iLiberty and try kiphone (patched ziphone)?
    MacBook Pro OS X SNOW Leopard
    iPhone 4 16GB iOS 4.2
    iPad WiFi 64GB iOS 4.2
    BlackBerry Curve 3G (9300)

  9. #9
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordofdaflies View Post
    hmmm i face a very similar situation with an iphone im working on
    it has no fw the BB is wonked and BL im not sure
    but im in indai and i cant return it

    well you could try just returning the phone and since it wont boot properly and the BB and BL arnt there u shouldnt really have a problem

    have you tried a DFU restore and then unlock with iLiberty and try kiphone (patched ziphone)?
    yep...

    I have tried really everything...I hoped the new fw would have restored the baseband but still no luck. anyway I believe that the only way to resolve a 1011 error is to have only a baseband corrupted and not the BL because if the BL is gone there is nothing to do...

    ok then I ll be in the us again in August and we will see...

  10. #10
    Board Hero Array lordofdaflies's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    1,134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    76

    Default

    have you tried the patched ziphone
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1536

    this is what worked for the phone i was working on

    DFU restre to a fresh (apple not pwned) 1.1.4
    unlock with iLiberty and also selecting "reflash baseband to 04.04.05_G"
    but this only workes for 3.9 BL
    u can use iliberty to downgrade BL from 4.6 to 3.9 if u need to
    mayb selecting downgrade BL ull get a 3.9 BL and can reflash BB

    remember to set up the phone as a new iphone coz using the old recovery files screws the iphone up again
    MacBook Pro OS X SNOW Leopard
    iPhone 4 16GB iOS 4.2
    iPad WiFi 64GB iOS 4.2
    BlackBerry Curve 3G (9300)


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 08:20 PM
  2. Advice > Should I buy this phone from eBay?
    By juggaloworm in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 10:45 PM
  3. [1.1.4][Advice] phone can`t be charged
    By wlxzjx123 in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 05:28 AM
  4. [Advice][1.1.4] Phone won't stay off
    By ccc001 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 05:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:35 AM.
twitter, follow us!