Results 1 to 8 of 8
Discuss [Advice] Should I buy an iPhone now or should I wait for 2.0? at the General - Hackint0sh.org; I went to about 3 apple stores and all of them were sold out of ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default [Advice] Should I buy an iPhone now or should I wait for 2.0?

    I went to about 3 apple stores and all of them were sold out of both the 8 gig and 16 gig iphones. At one of the stores, the girl at the counter kept insisting that I hold out for a bit from buying the iphone, so im gonna go ahead and assume that she meant to wait for the new one. Of course im just taking a guess here. So i wanted to get some opinions on whether i should keep hunting for an iphone for just hold out for the new one coming out (if it is...).



  2. #2
    Moderated Russian Pimp Array Dave's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Playboy Mansion
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    I think that your title is wack thats one, and read the title stiky in my sig
    And nobody knows when iphone 2 will be out,Walt Mosseberg said to wait 60 days (until june 4)so we will see
    Last edited by Dave; 04-07-2008 at 09:31 PM.
    Are You Questioning My Authority?

  3. #3
    Ninja Hack Array )law('s Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Some girls house...
    Posts
    3,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    194

    Default

    If you have the patients then wait it out and hope for a new one. You also have to consider if its hackable or not. If you want in now then hit up ebay or something like that in get in on the action. Worst comes to worst of your on a offcial carrier you could find some way to break it and use the warrenty on it. Sorry if I am not to helpful on the matter......
    Playstaion 3 gamer tag HackNinjaLaw

    Off the scene till i get a new lcd or a new iphone

  4. #4
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    your right, theres not telling when it will be out and theres no telling if itll be hackable either. so imma keep hunting for one at an apple store cause they are way to expensive on ebay. thanks for the input.

  5. #5
    J to the T. Shaken, not Stirred Array thecompkid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    As of right now, I would recommend waiting unless you really need an iPhone within the next ~3-4 months. If the iPhone 2.0 is announced in June, its still going to take at least 6 weeks for it to be released.

    The store staff is a good source of information because they are familiar with the signs, but they don't get any more information than we do when it comes to unreleased products.


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array xcesivemastub8ah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    139
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    It also depends on what carrier you plan on having it with,
    hackint0sh user:
    "I don't know if you guys are following the "We need to talk." thread anymore. Just a heads up that I received confirmation from Jobs himself that the next iPhone firmware update is definitely going to make every effort to keep us from installing 3rd party apps."

    instant classic.

  7. #7
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I need the iPhone for july.
    Even though it won't come out in June, do you think the announcement will make current prices drop a bit?
    I'll probably pick one up late June.

  8. #8
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    The prices will definitely drop. If they don't drop, then they will have to charge about 400+ for an 8gb version, which no one would buy.

    Unless of course, Apple strikes a deal with O2/ATT to give the phone for cheaper price and by getting you to sign a contract before leaving the shop.
    Macbook 13.3 (2.2GHZ, 2GB Ram, Leopard OSX)
    Advent 3Ghz Pentium 4 Laptop (Windows XP)
    Phone History: Sony ericsson t20e: Motorloa v525: Nokia 7600: SOny ericsson k700i: sony ericsson k800i: Orange spvm3100 : sony ericsson w880i: Nokia n95: Apple iPhone (sold on ebay).
    currently using: old shitty blackberry till 11th July.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. [Advice] Should I buy or should I wait?
    By XpacK in forum iPhone 3G
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 05:52 PM
  2. [Advice] 1.1.4 Geohot IPSF -> 2.0. Must wait for JB?
    By darveesh in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 11:57 PM
  3. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 04:57 AM
  4. [Advice] Order now or rather wait
    By o-ver in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 01:54 PM
  5. [Advice] Buy a 1.1.2 or wait for 1.1.3?
    By Marginal in forum General
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 05:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:47 AM.
twitter, follow us!