Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
Discuss [Advice] Buy a 1.1.2 or wait for 1.1.3? at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Hi everybody, first post here ! (I'm a native french-speaking trying to explain myself in ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Post [Advice] Buy a 1.1.2 or wait for 1.1.3?

    Hi everybody, first post here !
    (I'm a native french-speaking trying to explain myself in English... So please forgive me)

    I really don't know what to do...
    I could have an iPhone on February 1st but is it better to buy it now or to wait the MacWorld (3G ? GPS ? 16go ? lower price ? ...) ?

    I'd like to avoid an hardware-way to unblock the phone.

    If I've well understood there will be a software way quite soon to unblock the bootload 4.6 but for the new one coming with the 1.1.3 we'd have to wait much more ?

    So, what do you advice ? Buy it now or wait until the end of January ?



  2. #2
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    hi all,

    i was wondering the same thing...cos my friend will buy it for me in USA (i'm italian) these days.. but dunno... if i get 1.1.3 ??... i should tell him to ask for a 1.1.2 iphone ?

    thx

  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    up plz... cant believe none can answer..

  4. #4
    Amazingly Knowledgeable Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    1.1.2 has the highest possibility for software unlock.

    1.1.3 otb may need 1.1.4 for software unlock

  5. #5
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eddy123 View Post
    1.1.2 has the highest possibility for software unlock.

    1.1.3 otb may need 1.1.4 for software unlock
    read somewhere on this forum there's no probability to buy a 1.1.3 until now ...may i read it wrong?

    anyway i hope to get a 1.1.2 iphone when unlock is already discovered...


  6. #6
    Professional Array irafaS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Buy a 1.1.2. If you want 1.1.3 you can upgrade the 1.1.2, when 1.1.3 gets official. With a 1.1.3 OTB you may have to wait for 1.1.4..

  7. #7
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This topic has been discussed before. I went for a 1.1.2 just recently myself and am happily using it with StealtSim (so, hardware way, which you tried to avoid). I, however, prefer a hardware way for two reasons (not modifying the bootloader so no worry about the warranty or bricking the phone).

    I somehow get a feeling Apple will make it much harder to unlock a 1.1.3 phone. Who knows, they may even block the hardware/StealthSim way? I didn't want to gamble waiting many long months, therefore quickly went for 1.1.2 and could not be happier. The phone works great and is not in any danger (due to not messing with bootloader)

    Of course, what will 1.1.3 bring remains a big mistery, but I didn't want to take my chances. Of course, if I was in the US and had the option for legal AT&T use, I would most likely wait for 1.1.3, however being in non-iPhone country, your choices are limited.

  8. #8
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogi799 View Post
    This topic has been discussed before. I went for a 1.1.2 just recently myself and am happily using it with StealtSim (so, hardware way, which you tried to avoid). I, however, prefer a hardware way for two reasons (not modifying the bootloader so no worry about the warranty or bricking the phone).

    I somehow get a feeling Apple will make it much harder to unlock a 1.1.3 phone. Who knows, they may even block the hardware/StealthSim way? I didn't want to gamble waiting many long months, therefore quickly went for 1.1.2 and could not be happier. The phone works great and is not in any danger (due to not messing with bootloader)
    ok... but warranty is still valid even if u jailbreaked and activated? or am i wrong and u didn't do these passage... i m only askin cos im noob in these things..

  9. #9
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iLpirLa View Post
    ok... but warranty is still valid even if u jailbreaked and activated? or am i wrong and u didn't do these passage... i m only askin cos im noob in these things..
    Well, as far as I know, unless the phone totally dies and cannot be turned on, I can easily restore the firmware and all back to the factory settings so they could never tell it was ever jailbroken.

  10. #10
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    If you are going the legal route, go for any firmware, if you are planning to hack it go for at last 1.1.2 so you can downgrade. I think if you want the most out of youe=r iphone go for a hackabile (not sure if thats a word) iphone (1.1.1 or 1.1.2) good luck.




    Quote Originally Posted by Marginal View Post
    Hi everybody, first post here !
    (I'm a native french-speaking trying to explain myself in English... So please forgive me)

    I really don't know what to do...
    I could have an iPhone on February 1st but is it better to buy it now or to wait the MacWorld (3G ? GPS ? 16go ? lower price ? ...) ?

    I'd like to avoid an hardware-way to unblock the phone.

    If I've well understood there will be a software way quite soon to unblock the bootload 4.6 but for the new one coming with the 1.1.3 we'd have to wait much more ?

    So, what do you advice ? Buy it now or wait until the end of January ?


 

 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Advice] Should I buy or should I wait?
    By XpacK in forum iPhone 3G
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 05:52 PM
  2. [Advice] 1.1.4 Geohot IPSF -> 2.0. Must wait for JB?
    By darveesh in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 11:57 PM
  3. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 04:57 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 10:53 PM
  5. [Advice] Order now or rather wait
    By o-ver in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 01:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:58 AM.
twitter, follow us!