Results 1 to 8 of 8
Discuss [Advice] "BSD Rroot: md0, major 2, minor 0" > Can i make a backup of my data ? at the General - Hackint0sh.org; My iPhone is showing: BSD Rroot: md0, major 2, minor 0 and I would like ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Unhappy [Advice] "BSD Rroot: md0, major 2, minor 0" > Can i make a backup of my data ?

    My iPhone is showing:
    BSD Rroot: md0, major 2, minor 0

    and I would like to know if is possible make a backup of my contacts and photos in Resore Mode????

    I just format my pc and I lost all my backups.

    thanks for helping.

    sorry bad english.



  2. #2
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GnR_vp View Post
    My iPhone is showing:
    BSD Rroot: md0, major 2, minor 0

    and I would like to know if is possible make a backup of my contacts and photos in Resore Mode????

    I just format my pc and I lost all my backups.

    thanks for helping.

    sorry bad english.
    Give this one a try:

    Getting out of "BSD Root: md0, major 2, minor 0"

    1. Disconnect iPhone from your PC/Mac if not done already.
    2. Hold Power/Sleep and Home until the iPhone shuts down. Put it aside.
    3. Start iTunes on your PC/Mac and make sure to have the latest version. If not, upgrade.
    4. On the iPhone press Home button and keep holding it while connecting the iPhone to your PC/Mac.
    5. Keep holding Home button until iTunes finds the iPhone in recovery mode.

    Now start iLiberty+ (Windows) or iNdependence (Mac). If they are able to kick the iPhoen out of recovery mode (wait 20-30 sec), you will be able to get your data back.

    Once you got them back, restore the iPhone to 1.1.4 firmware, just to give it a clean start again.

    hope that helps,
    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    Give this one a try:

    Getting out of "BSD Root: md0, major 2, minor 0"

    1. Disconnect iPhone from your PC/Mac if not done already.
    2. Hold Power/Sleep and Home until the iPhone shuts down. Put it aside.
    3. Start iTunes on your PC/Mac and make sure to have the latest version. If not, upgrade.
    4. On the iPhone press Home button and keep holding it while connecting the iPhone to your PC/Mac.
    5. Keep holding Home button until iTunes finds the iPhone in recovery mode.

    Now start iLiberty+ (Windows) or iNdependence (Mac). If they are able to kick the iPhoen out of recovery mode (wait 20-30 sec), you will be able to get your data back.

    Once you got them back, restore the iPhone to 1.1.4 firmware, just to give it a clean start again.

    hope that helps,
    volkspost
    I tried this, but when the independence starts, the iPhone reboot e keep showing the message.

    The iNdependence's Status: Disconected: wainting for iPhone...

  4. #4
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GnR_vp View Post
    I tried this, but when the independence starts, the iPhone reboot e keep showing the message.

    The iNdependence's Status: Disconected: wainting for iPhone...
    OK, this was trying a small chance. So what you have to do instead of starting iNdependence or iLiberty is to restore to fw 1.1.4 after getting rid of bsd...
    BUT, you wont be able to save your contacts then and that was the goal.

    sorry, I dont have any other ideas saving your data. But at least you can get back your iPhone to a working status.

    best,
    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  5. #5
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I solved this problem with Ziphone.
    Put in restore mode, restore via iTunes ans unlock with Ziphone.
    Ateintion with Ziphone: a lot of pelople (including me) experienced some problems with "gray wifi" after unlock with Ziphone, but in this especific case, was the only one (as fas as I know) to solve the problem.


  6. #6
    Former Bender
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plinioed View Post
    I solved this problem with Ziphone.
    Put in restore mode, restore via iTunes ans unlock with Ziphone.
    Ateintion with Ziphone: a lot of pelople (including me) experienced some problems with "gray wifi" after unlock with Ziphone, but in this especific case, was the only one (as fas as I know) to solve the problem.
    I still can't understand why people continue to use StronZiPhone.

    Volkspost gave you the best advice ever.

    Using iLiberty's re-Jailbreak would have solved your problem as well without playing the Russian roulette with your Phone.

  7. #7
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Arašatuba-SP, Brasil
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Question Same Problem -

    I also have this very same BSD root issue but my Itunes does not recognise the Ipod.
    I connect the phone and Itunes does nothing.
    What should I do?
    B/R
    marcelo

  8. #8
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maaribeiro View Post
    I also have this very same BSD root issue but my Itunes does not recognise the Ipod.
    I connect the phone and Itunes does nothing.
    What should I do?
    B/R
    marcelo
    Check my post #2 steps 1-5. need to restore the firmware then but will be back in business.
    how did you get into that situation, btw?

    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. [Ziphone] "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0" error
    By Salamis in forum iPod Touch 1G
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 11:32 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 01:37 PM
  3. Problems with Ziphone ! "BSD Root: md0, major 2, minor 0"
    By almirf in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 05:34 AM
  4. [iLiberty+] Fix for the "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0"
    By n000b in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 04:02 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 03:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:38 AM.
twitter, follow us!