Discuss [Advice] before buying an iPhone at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Hi everyone I have been saving up for an Iphone for a while. I cant ...
[Advice] before buying an iPhone
Hi everyone I have been saving up for an Iphone for a while. I cant afford an O2 contract so unlocking and using my Vodafone sim is the only option for me. I do have some worries and I hope someone can help me out with these questions.
1. I understand that unlocking will void the warranty so how reliable is the hardware? Am I taking a huge gamble?
2. I think it can use Vodafone GPRS but can I control the connection so I dont end up with a large data bill? Can I make sure it only checks email when I ask it to?
3. Will the battery last at least two days if I turn off BT and WIFI and use the phone very little?
4. Is it the right time to buy an iphone? If a 3g version is due in June will the current version see a price drop? Or will the 8gb be dropped and the 16gb be the same price as an 8gb? I'm in the UK so maybe the 3g version wont turn up here until November?
5. Could you also state your recommendation for an unlock method, I'm currently leaning towards iliberty+ but I'm worried about the reports of wifi problems.
1. The warranty won't be void if you unlock it. Just do a restore when you go in for warranty work.
Originally Posted by Gene_Hunt
2. You can specify how often (if ever) the phone checks for new mail.
3. The battery lasts me 3 days with about 6 hours of combined internet and telephone use, I don't use BT.
4. I don't have enough knowledge to answer this one.
5. iPlus 2.0 / ZiPhone 2.5, I used ZiPhone 2.5 and I don't know what the hell everyone is talking about how much it sucks. It took me 4 minutes to unlock my phone with absolutely no problems (that's right not even youtube problems) compared to the 6+ hours that it took me to unlock my phone last time I did it.
Buy the iPhone.
Thanks for the advice. Bought one today and unlocked with iplus2b. All working fine!
if you need some more general help, download iStudy: the ultimate guide to the iPhone from here: http://www.appledailytimes.com/download/
and click on the "iStudy" picture to download
By jasonrs2 in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 09-24-2008, 11:54 AM
By Van Wildonher in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 08-20-2008, 09:52 PM
By seseberg in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 07-11-2008, 06:12 PM
By wildies in forum General
Last Post: 03-23-2008, 11:05 AM
By stuckd in forum General
Last Post: 12-04-2007, 02:50 AM