Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Discuss [2G] How to tell if it's SW or HW unlock? at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Hi all. I will be buying a 2G iPhone that has been "professionally unlocked". How ...
  1. #1
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default [2G] How to tell if it's SW or HW unlock?

    Hi all.

    I will be buying a 2G iPhone that has been "professionally unlocked".

    How can I tell if it is software of hardware unlocked?

    Thanks



  2. #2
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathdude1284 View Post
    Hi all.

    I will be buying a 2G iPhone that has been "professionally unlocked".

    How can I tell if it is software of hardware unlocked?

    Thanks
    You cant. But probaly it is a software unlock. the hardware unlock was not a easy way, most users waited for the software unlock and used it.
    Do you know wich firmware the iPhone is at you are going to buy?
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  3. #3
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    One more. If you have the chance, ask the seller for the first 5 digits of the serial number. production week can be read out of this. If digits 4&5 are 44 or above it is software unlocked cause the hardware unlock was done on earlier versions.
    Tell the seller you want to be sure about the OOTB version and need the serial for that.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  4. #4
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    One more. If you have the chance, ask the seller for the first 5 digits of the serial number. production week can be read out of this. If digits 4&5 are 44 or above it is software unlocked cause the hardware unlock was done on earlier versions.
    Tell the seller you want to be sure about the OOTB version and need the serial for that.
    He says its definately software unlocked.

    So does this mean its safe for me to mess around with?

    I need to downgrade to 1.1.4 and make changes with ziphone then upgrade to 2.1. Should it be ok?

  5. #5
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathdude1284 View Post
    He says its definately software unlocked.

    So does this mean its safe for me to mess around with?

    I need to downgrade to 1.1.4 and make changes with ziphone then upgrade to 2.1. Should it be ok?
    No, dont ever use ZiPhone, you risk a brick.
    What firmware is the iPhone now at?
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2


  6. #6
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    No, dont ever use ZiPhone, you risk a brick.
    What firmware is the iPhone now at?
    its a week 19. FW 1.1.4. has bootneuter on it.

    what does that mean?


    ps. i need ziphone cause i need to change a *cough* certain number...

  7. #7
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathdude1284 View Post
    its a week 19. FW 1.1.4. has bootneuter on it.

    what does that mean?


    ps. i need ziphone cause i need to change a *cough* certain number...
    I have never done that, but there is a thread here
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...t=46529&page=3
    if *cough* means IMEI. You know it not legal in lots of countries...
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  8. #8
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    I have never done that, but there is a thread here
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...t=46529&page=3
    if *cough* means IMEI. You know it not legal in lots of countries...
    What about the week number and the fact that it has bootneuter on it?

    so its definately SW unlock and safe for me to mess around?

  9. #9
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathdude1284 View Post
    What about the week number and the fact that it has bootneuter on it?

    so its definately SW unlock and safe for me to mess around?
    You can mess around, it is a software unlock, bootneuter is used. Check with the guys in the thread I named. I dont know if it is working though cause I did not test it, but looks like
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  10. #10
    Senior Professional Array Shade.sh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    440
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathdude1284 View Post
    its a week 19. FW 1.1.4. has bootneuter on it.

    what does that mean?


    ps. i need ziphone cause i need to change a *cough* certain number...
    You know that your "faked" IMEI is gone after a firmware update from 1.1.4 to any other? Its not a "branding" its a software fake IMEI change, which is overwritten by next firmware update, so your are stuck at 1.1.4 if you really need to change the IMEI.
    iPhone: 16GB White
    Shop: Italy - Portogruado
    Jailbreak: QuickPwn
    Network: German O2 (Unlocked)
    Firmware: 2.2
    __________________________________________________
    Largest iPhone related Filebase -RELOADED-



    Pwnage, QuickPwn, WinPwn and the VMWare Toolchain all there!
    Now with new page, new download system and more speed!

    __________________________________________________


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 10:09 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 04:55 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 06:39 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 03:30 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 10:35 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:33 AM.
twitter, follow us!