Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
Discuss [2.0.1] Cant convert plist to text at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Hi, Web base .plist From Binary To ASCII/Text XML converter. http://lesterchan.net/blog/2008/09/2...asciitext-xml/ U can find the ...
  1. #11
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi,

    Web base .plist From Binary To ASCII/Text XML converter.

    http://lesterchan.net/blog/2008/09/2...asciitext-xml/

    U can find the link there.

    Thanks to LesterChan for mirroring


  2. #12
    Board Hero Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hquest View Post
    http://www.donkeydevelopment.com/
    Did I heard "thumbs up"?
    Not yet. It seems to support binary plists when it runs under OS X only (at least I can't get it to read them in Windows).

    Maybe that's what they mean by saying "Support for binary plist files (Mac Os)".

    iPhone 3GS / 3.1.2 JB (PwnageTool) / 04.26.08 carrier-locked, Carrier Logo Fixer / Cydia / 1000 posts on Hackint0sh

    Installing Cydia programs on a phone that has no internet connection: read this.

    Editing binary .plist, .strings, .nib and .xib files:
    * on your computer: Windows tool / conversion website.
    * on your iPhone: convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities) or edit them with iFile (Cydia links).

  3. #13
    Board Hero Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    Thats not true. After renaming to *.plist.txt EditPad Lite opens the file, let you edit the values/add/delete and then save.
    Tried exactly this procedure, but got the same gibberisch as always. (With the U3 version, but that has the same version number and should work just as well).

    iPhone 3GS / 3.1.2 JB (PwnageTool) / 04.26.08 carrier-locked, Carrier Logo Fixer / Cydia / 1000 posts on Hackint0sh

    Installing Cydia programs on a phone that has no internet connection: read this.

    Editing binary .plist, .strings, .nib and .xib files:
    * on your computer: Windows tool / conversion website.
    * on your iPhone: convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities) or edit them with iFile (Cydia links).

  4. #14
    Board Hero Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    74

    Default Binary xml plist editor for Windows

    As I was getting annoyed (again) at not having an editor in Windows for all those binary plist (property list) files, I searched and found this on the Weiphone forum (the largest Chinese iPhone forum): windows?plist???????4.19 pledit?????1.0c? - iPhone ????? - WeiPhone??? iPhone ??|iPod Touch ??|Palm Pre ??|Android Gphone|???iPhone - Powered by Discuz! (English translation from Google).

    We should read that forum more often, we are missing out on some good stuff. They've had this extremely light (72 kB), fast and easy plist editor for Windows since April! It's called pledit and made by their user qlmiao.

    Download link (the second link on the first post of that page).
    If you prefer to use the file upload servers, use pledit.rar (uploaded by user neurostar at the xsellize forum).

    CoreFoundation init failed

    If you get this message when starting pledit, something is wrong with the file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\CoreFoundation.dll (says qlmiao on this thread in post number 6). It is a file that gets installed with iTunes. Maybe it is missing (you could take a look) or something is wrong with it. Upgrading iTunes may help. Another suggestion, from a user on the MacRumors forum, if you are using a non-English Windows version:

    1. Create the directory C:\Program Files\Common Files
    2. Search in your language this same folder (eg. in spanish the folder it´s called C:\Program Files\Archivos Comunes). In this folder you´ll find an "Apple" Folder (C:\Program Files\Archivos Comunes\Apple).
    3. Copy this "Apple" folder and paste it in the directory created in step 1, so that it looks like this: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple
    4. If necessary, restart your PC
    Last edited by Jim Danner; 02-24-2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Added error description
    iPhone 3GS / 3.1.2 JB (PwnageTool) / 04.26.08 carrier-locked, Carrier Logo Fixer / Cydia / 1000 posts on Hackint0sh

    Installing Cydia programs on a phone that has no internet connection: read this.

    Editing binary .plist, .strings, .nib and .xib files:
    * on your computer: Windows tool / conversion website.
    * on your iPhone: convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities) or edit them with iFile (Cydia links).

  5. #15
    Board Hero Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    74

    Default Making pledit your default plist/strings editor

    I think most people who'd want to mess under the hood with iPhone plist files will know how to do this -- but then I may be wrong. Here's how you set up pledit to do all your .plist and .strings work with just a double-click:

    Files on your Windows system:

    1. Right-click on a .plist file
    2. If there's an option "Open with...", select that and click on "Choose program". Otherwise, select "Open" and answer "Select program from a list" to the question and click OK.
    3. You get to a program selection window. If pledit is in the list, select it. Otherwise, click "Browse..." and find the pledit.exe (you might have put it in C:\Program Files\pledit\), select it and press Open.
    4. Make sure that "Always open this file type with this program" is checked and click OK.
    5. Go through the same steps with a .strings file.

    Files on your iPhone which you see in WinSCP:

    1. With no WinSCP windows open, start WinSCP and click "Preferences" in the left pane. Click the "Preferences..." button.
    2. A new dialog box opens, click "Editors" in the left pane and click the "Add..." button.
    3. Another dialog box. Select "External editor", click the "Browse" button, find pledit.exe (wherever you put it -- presumably in C:\Program Files\pledit\) and click "Open".
    4. In the "Use this editor for following files:" box type
      Code:
      *.plist, *.strings
    5. Uncheck the two checkboxes below (they're binary files, so no text transfer mode). Click OK.
    6. If you had already set another editor to edit these files, you must obviously edit the entry for that editor to remove the extension(s).
    7. Click OK. You can now select "Stored sessions" in the left pane and log in as usual. If you double-click any plist or strings file, it will open in pledit; when you save, the modified copy will be transferred to the iPhone and replace the original.

    This procedure has also been written up by docomar with some differences.
    iPhone 3GS / 3.1.2 JB (PwnageTool) / 04.26.08 carrier-locked, Carrier Logo Fixer / Cydia / 1000 posts on Hackint0sh

    Installing Cydia programs on a phone that has no internet connection: read this.

    Editing binary .plist, .strings, .nib and .xib files:
    * on your computer: Windows tool / conversion website.
    * on your iPhone: convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities) or edit them with iFile (Cydia links).


  6. #16
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    20

    Thumbs up How to get rid of wifi connection

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Danner View Post
    I think most people who'd want to mess under the hood with iPhone plist files will know how to do this -- but then I may be wrong. Here's how you set up pledit to do all your .plist and .strings work with just a double-click:

    Files on your Windows system:

    1. Right-click on a .plist file
    2. If there's an option "Open with...", select that and click on "Choose program". Otherwise, select "Open" and answer "Select program from a list" to the question and click OK.
    3. You get to a program selection window. If pledit is in the list, select it. Otherwise, click "Browse..." and find the pledit.exe (you might have put it in C:\Program Files\pledit\), select it and press Open.
    4. Make sure that "Always open this file type with this program" is checked and click OK.
    5. Go through the same steps with a .strings file.

    Files on your iPhone which you see in WinSCP:

    1. With no WinSCP windows open, start WinSCP and click "Preferences" in the left pane. Click the "Preferences..." button.
    2. A new dialog box opens, click "Editors" in the left pane and click the "Add..." button.
    3. Another dialog box. Select "External editor", click the "Browse" button, find pledit.exe (wherever you put it -- presumably in C:\Program Files\pledit\) and click "Open".
    4. In the "Use this editor for following files:" box type
      Code:
      *.plist, *.strings
    5. Uncheck the two checkboxes below (they're binary files, so no text transfer mode). Click OK.
    6. If you had already set another editor to edit these files, you must obviously edit the entry for that editor to remove the extension(s).
    7. Click OK. You can now select "Stored sessions" in the left pane and log in as usual. If you double-click any plist or strings file, it will open in pledit; when you save, the modified copy will be transferred to the iPhone and replace the original.

    This procedure has also been written up by docomar with some differences.
    The method you are describing works well if you connect through wifi!

    The big difference with the one I am describing in :http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53987
    is to get rid of that damn, unreliable and slow wifi connection and replace it with a fully reliable, predictable and quicker USB connection by integrating the sweet iphone tunnel suite with WinSCP and pledit.exe!!

    The outcome of that combination is a REAL DREAM for anyone wishing a very quick and reliable access to any plist file or strings file, whether for information purpose or editing purpose in situ of the iphone, without a slow and unreliable wifi connection!!!

    In the method I am describing, double clicking a plist or strings file does not work : you have to right click the file you want to read or edit, then click Open in the submenu!

  7. #17
    Board Hero Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    Let's say it's a tradeoff between the relative slowness of a wifi connection and the time lost in starting iPhone Tunnel Suite, right-clicking and choosing from a menu, etc. Personally I have a 3 mbps ssh/wifi connection to my iPhone that never fails. But for those who have the same problems you're having, your solution is probably a good idea.
    iPhone 3GS / 3.1.2 JB (PwnageTool) / 04.26.08 carrier-locked, Carrier Logo Fixer / Cydia / 1000 posts on Hackint0sh

    Installing Cydia programs on a phone that has no internet connection: read this.

    Editing binary .plist, .strings, .nib and .xib files:
    * on your computer: Windows tool / conversion website.
    * on your iPhone: convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities) or edit them with iFile (Cydia links).

  8. #18
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    20

    Thumbs up Timing a USB connection versus a wifi connection

    You really are stubborn, but not objectif and realistic:
    I can repeat as long as you want that I do not have any problem whatsoever with my wifi connection which is as quick as yours!!
    There is absolutely no time lost in starting iPhone Tunnel Suite, right-clicking and choosing from a menu!
    Moreover, no matter what, your USB connection will never be interrupted!

    To close the debat and to be fully objectif, I did, like you should have done before to argue in an endless and non sens debat, an experience by timing the exact time to acccess a plist file, and the outcome between a wifi connection and a USB connection through iPhone Tunnel Suite, is non arguable :
    the USB connection is implacable : 20% faster than the wifi connection, with the safety, the stability and the reliability of a USB connection compared to an unsecure and unstable wifi connection!

    Try the same experience before to continue to argue : you will be amazed !

  9. #19
    Board Hero Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by docomar View Post
    You really are stubborn, but not objectif and realistic:
    I can repeat as long as you want that I do not have any problem whatsoever with my wifi connection which is as quick as yours!!
    There is absolutely no time lost in starting iPhone Tunnel Suite, right-clicking and choosing from a menu!
    Moreover, no matter what, your USB connection will never be interrupted!

    To close the debat and to be fully objectif, I did, like you should have done before to argue in an endless and non sens debat, an experience by timing the exact time to acccess a plist file, and the outcome between a wifi connection and a USB connection through iPhone Tunnel Suite, is non arguable :
    the USB connection is implacable : 20% faster than the wifi connection, with the safety, the stability and the reliability of a USB connection compared to an unsecure and unstable wifi connection!

    Try the same experience before to continue to argue : you will be amazed !
    Please stop insisting that everyone use the USB cable for everything.

    If others prefer to do without an extra installation of iPhone Tunnel Suite, without a more elaborate setup for WinSCP, and without all the extra mouse clicks, just let them do it. The few microseconds some people might gain with your solution may not be worth the trouble for all of us.

    Let's close this silly "debate", it's completely off-topic and it's going nowhere.
    iPhone 3GS / 3.1.2 JB (PwnageTool) / 04.26.08 carrier-locked, Carrier Logo Fixer / Cydia / 1000 posts on Hackint0sh

    Installing Cydia programs on a phone that has no internet connection: read this.

    Editing binary .plist, .strings, .nib and .xib files:
    * on your computer: Windows tool / conversion website.
    * on your iPhone: convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities) or edit them with iFile (Cydia links).

  10. #20
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Silly "debate!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Danner View Post
    Please stop insisting that everyone use the USB cable for everything.

    If others prefer to do without an extra installation of iPhone Tunnel Suite, without a more elaborate setup for WinSCP, and without all the extra mouse clicks, just let them do it. The few microseconds some people might gain with your solution may not be worth the trouble for all of us.

    Let's close this silly "debate", it's completely off-topic and it's going nowhere.
    Please let others make their mind based on the experiences of everyone in this thread!

    iPhone Tunnel Suite, whether you like it or not, is a huge step and a revolutionnary tool to access iphone files : this not my opinion, it is others!

    Based on your posts in this thread, you seem to be the only one that wants to influence others mind!

    Let us stop this : I more than agree on silly "debate", but not on the "off-topic"!


 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 01-22-2009, 08:39 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 07:58 PM
  2. 1.1.3 carrier.plist & operator.plist inaccessible
    By legitimie in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 06:31 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 10:36 PM
  4. how to convert .plist on windows?
    By dro in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 11:15 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 06:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:00 AM.
twitter, follow us!