Results 1 to 6 of 6
Discuss [1.1.4] Help ! Can't Open Any Apps ! at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Hi All, I cant open any apps on the iPhone. Not even the default ones ...
  1. #1
    Amazingly Knowledgeable Array jashsayani's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    958
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    55

    Default [1.1.4] Help ! Can't Open Any Apps !

    Hi All,

    I cant open any apps on the iPhone. Not even the default ones like SMS, Calender, Phone, Mail, etc.
    When I touch an icon, it just gets dimmed and thats it. I cant open any of the apps !
    Help! What is wrong ???
    My iPhone
    iPhone 4 (32 GB) Black, Firmware 4.1

    My Mac mini
    2.0 GHz Dual core, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, Leopard 10.5.8

    My MacBook
    2.0 GHz Dual core, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, SnowLeopard 10.6.4

    My Blogs:
    Jash's Blog: http://www.jashsayani.com
    The iFone Blog: http://theifoneblog.blogspot.com



  2. #2
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jashsayani View Post
    Hi All,

    I cant open any apps on the iPhone. Not even the default ones like SMS, Calender, Phone, Mail, etc.
    When I touch an icon, it just gets dimmed and thats it. I cant open any of the apps !
    Help! What is wrong ???
    So you probably did downgrade the baseband after your excursion to 2.0 beta, right. Or did you stay at 1.1.4 baseband when upgrading?
    Then you pwnaged at 1.1.4. Did you try using a custom firmware with just minimal set of payloads, like just bsd, open ssh and standard bootscreen on it?

    Just to make sure that this is not started by conflicting apps.

    Plus, when restoring back to iTunes you did not check the option "use backup from iPhone xyz" but "setup as a new iphone"?

    Just the few option that come into my mind.

    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  3. #3
    Amazingly Knowledgeable Array jashsayani's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    958
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    So you probably did downgrade the baseband after your excursion to 2.0 beta, right. Or did you stay at 1.1.4 baseband when upgrading?
    Then you pwnaged at 1.1.4. Did you try using a custom firmware with just minimal set of payloads, like just bsd, open ssh and standard bootscreen on it?

    Just to make sure that this is not started by conflicting apps.

    Plus, when restoring back to iTunes you did not check the option "use backup from iPhone xyz" but "setup as a new iphone"?

    Just the few option that come into my mind.

    volkspost
    I had downgraded to 1.1.4 before ages. More than 2 months now... And the Phone worked fine until now when I tried to use a skin for the MobilePhone app. I took a /backup of the folder and then tried to put the skin by replacing the gif files.
    Unfortunately the disk space was full, so I deleted the whole MobilePhone.app folder and Uploaded the backed-up copy.
    Then I rebooted the iPhone...

    Well, if that has caused the problem, then the other apps should work fine...
    My iPhone
    iPhone 4 (32 GB) Black, Firmware 4.1

    My Mac mini
    2.0 GHz Dual core, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, Leopard 10.5.8

    My MacBook
    2.0 GHz Dual core, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, SnowLeopard 10.6.4

    My Blogs:
    Jash's Blog: http://www.jashsayani.com
    The iFone Blog: http://theifoneblog.blogspot.com

  4. #4
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jashsayani View Post
    Unfortunately the disk space was full, so I deleted the whole MobilePhone.app folder and Uploaded the backed-up copy.
    Then I rebooted the iPhone...

    Well, if that has caused the problem, then the other apps should work fine...
    Hmm, I would not be that sure. maybe it's a permission issue., dont know.

    I know this is not a popular one, but if i were you I'd restore to the custom firmware. Would bet iPhone will be fine again, but, I know....


    keep my fingers crossed
    v.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  5. #5
    Senior Professional Array neonkoala's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jashsayani View Post
    I had downgraded to 1.1.4 before ages. More than 2 months now... And the Phone worked fine until now when I tried to use a skin for the MobilePhone app. I took a /backup of the folder and then tried to put the skin by replacing the gif files.
    Unfortunately the disk space was full, so I deleted the whole MobilePhone.app folder and Uploaded the backed-up copy.
    Then I rebooted the iPhone...

    Well, if that has caused the problem, then the other apps should work fine...
    This'll help http://sleepers.net/news/?p=160


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array iHack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neonkoala View Post
    ouch. . .

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. MacNN: Open Door upgrades DoorStop security apps
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 10:00 PM
  2. Problem: Apps Won't Open
    By RK831 in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 06:38 PM
  3. Can't open any apps after jailbreaking 3GS.
    By Jschaff in forum purplera1n (3GS jailbreak)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-19-2009, 04:10 AM
  4. [Developer's Knowledge Base] Open-source Apps
    By DJ McG in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 01:33 PM
  5. [HELP] iPhone frozen. Cant open any apps.
    By jashsayani in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 01:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:44 PM.
twitter, follow us!