Discuss [1.1.4][Advice] on options with 1st gen iphone at the General - Hackint0sh.org; Hi guys, my first post
I am with 02 and have an LG (yuk !! ...
[1.1.4][Advice] on options with 1st gen iphone
Hi guys, my first post
I am with 02 and have an LG (yuk !! ). Anyway I cant get a new 3g iphone because my contract is not deemed upgradeable just yet, anyway I wont bore you with that. But in the meantime I have been offered from a friend a 1st gen iphone, either locked or unlocked to 1.1.4.
Now my questions are :
1. If I intend to take my 02 sim out of my current phone and whack it into the iphone, how would that affect my 02 contract as I dont have an iphone calling plan with them ?
2. would I need to have the phone unlocked at all or would it be better if I did ?
3. Apart from the 3G and GSM, better audio/speakers and flush jack, what am I missing out on by having the 1st gen iphone as most of the features are really built into the 2.0 software ?
Cheers for any advice
Hi your title was not in conformity so I have renamed it for you
Please read the link in my signature about the title format to know why.
Short answer to your questions
1. You don't need a calling plan you can simply swap sims after you have unlocked @ 1.1.4.
2. Only an 02 iphone contact sims will work without doing an unlock first
3. Nothing much
Last edited by n350z; 07-09-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
Did we solve your problem? +1 us above
If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
---------- Follow Hackint0sh Follow Me
By gametime10 in forum iPhone 3GS
Last Post: 01-21-2011, 06:58 PM
By Tinania in forum Spirit (jailbreak)
Last Post: 07-01-2010, 06:09 PM
By hamaraghar in forum General
Last Post: 12-31-2008, 12:33 PM
By bocabenz in forum Free Toolchain Software
Last Post: 05-03-2008, 08:12 AM
By Freedomwalker in forum General
Last Post: 01-24-2008, 12:22 AM