Discuss 1.1.3 and International Keyboards at the General - Hackint0sh.org; hey i figured out a really really f***king simple way to install japanese!
1. install ...
hey i figured out a really really f***king simple way to install japanese!
1. install mobilefinder
2. install mobiletext edit
3. in MobileFinder, navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences
4. highlight GlobalPreferences.plist
5. click on File->Modify->Open with->TextEdit.app
6. this will open a new screen with the code for the global preferences. scroll down to find
...and edit it to add a line so it looks like this:
in text edit, i just scrolled down and added <string>ja</string> it was so f**king easy!!! now i can type anything in Japanese.
does anyone know the 2-letter codes for other asian languages not included on the keyboards for the settings menu for 1.1.3, such as korean, mandarin, cantonese?
correction - pls see below
i have installed Korean, Japanese, Italian, German and Spanish keyboards by the following method on my 1.0.2OTB which was upgraded to 1.1.3 via iTunes then jailbroken and unlocked with ZiPhone and anysim 1.3 (google maps works fine)
1. install BSD Subsystem
2. install Term-vt100
3. install Erica's utilities
4. install mobilefinder
5. install mobiletext edit
6. install 'SUID Lib Fix' (under Tweaks 1.1.3)
7. open Term-vt100
at the first login prompt type: alpine
at the command prompt type: bash
then type as follows:
plutil -c xml1 .GlobalPreferences.plist
(what that command does is convert your GlobalPreferences file to xml, so that it can be read in MobileTextEdit and won't appear as gibberish. in the future, anytime you need to fix or add more languages, if it appears as garbled text in MobileTextEdit, you can go back and run step 7 again to convert to xml)
8. open MobileFinder, navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences
9. highlight GlobalPreferences.plist
10. click on File->Modify->Open with->TextEdit.app
11. this will open a new screen with the code for the global preferences. scroll down to find both places where you see the following
...and edit both places to add a line so it looks like this:
if you want korean, italian, etc., you simply add
I have been using these keyboards for over one month now with no issues, and i can use them in all apps, including weDict and Google Maps with no problems whatsoever
i tried exactly like u said. but the plist file settings doesn't hold. i rebooted iphone and the global pref file went back to what it was before the edit. it seems that some crucial step is still missing. pls advise.
by the way, a couple of corrections on ur post above.
1. the path of
deosn't seem to work. it seems that u need to do this to work,
2. <string>en US</string> seems to have the underscore between "en" and "US". so what i saw was this string,
Last edited by howard3849; 03-13-2008 at 09:13 AM.
firmware 1.1.4 ziphone aju
at&t non-activated user
windows vista + itunes 7.6.2
By jc_sotos in forum General
Last Post: 09-05-2008, 07:59 AM
By Dreamsvender in forum General
Last Post: 03-18-2008, 12:00 PM
By sealos in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-11-2007, 08:25 PM
By javinv in forum General
Last Post: 09-27-2007, 10:21 PM