Discuss [1.1.3] Cant add ringtones at the General - Hackint0sh.org; I'm on OTB1.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked, and I've tried the iclarify guide, I've tried Iringer, ...
[1.1.3] Cant add ringtones
I'm on OTB1.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked, and I've tried the iclarify guide, I've tried Iringer, I've tried using a audio editor program and then converting to acc and then renaming to m4r, and no matter what way i try, i cant get the ringtones to sync to my iphone. The ringtons show up under the ringtones folder in itunes, but when i try to sync, i get a erro pop up that says "ringtone was not copied to the iphone because it cannot be played on this iphone" can somebody please help me.
Last edited by JLEW700; 03-18-2008 at 08:29 PM.
On a Mac the easiest way is to use "iToner.app".
You can also try "Ringtones"
Both methods work fine on 1.1.4
The easiest and best way to make ringtones is to use the new website http://audiko.net/
you upload your song and edit it right on the site or they will download the song if you paste the URL. Then once you edited the ringtone to around 40 seconds max, open itunes and import it from the ringtones menu on the left and syncs away!!
Easy and their ringtone library is growing every second, as every tone you create is saved on their database
hope this helps
im using a pc, and the problem isnt making the rintones, in all the different methods ive tried ive had success in making the actual ringtones, its just that they wont sync to my iphone because it says my iphone cant play them. any suggestions? is it something i have to enable or disable in itunes?
that is a great website... thanks for that link.. i've got it bookmarked now, and i think i'll create my own ringtones as well as using some other peoples... awesome.. thanks
I had the same problem as you, I could make them but itunes wouldnt sync. When I started using this site I ahve been able to sync every single itune that I made on their site, as it makes it into a m4r (i beleive thats it) for the iphone give it a try and let me know
I have 1.1.4 upgraded from 1.1.1 and I've found it's nice to be able to make my own rigntones and sync it to my iPhone using iTunes. I don't know if this is gonna help you guys but I've noticed that in order to make the ringtone I have to follow these steps:
1. Pick the song I wanna make ringtone out of it, right click and select "Convert selection to AAC"
2. Now go to your Recently Added playlist, and the song that is converted to AAC should appear in it as the newest one added ( mine is the first one)
3. Right click on it, select get info, select Option and change the start time and stop time so that it will be 30 seconds only ( it's important to have the time limit at 30 seconds, otherwise it may appear in your Ringtones playlist but it won't sync to your iPhone )
4. With the song you just change the time limit, if you look at it on iTunes, it will still show the full length of the song in the time tab, you have to convert it to AAC one more time. After you've done that, there will be a new song with the same name appears in your Recently Added playlist with the time show 0:30.
5. Right click on the new one choose "Show in Windows Explorer" option ( sorry I'm using PC, if I'm right it should be show in Finder, for Mac ). Now change the file from " .m4a " to " .m4 r", after the confirm step click on the song and it will be automatically added to your Ringtones playlist, just sync it to your iPhone
Good Luck Have Fun
revirginzed=>1.1.1 unlocked=> upgraded to 1.1.4 using ZiPhone
Check a program called Ringtones in the Native Software section.
Do it right from the iphone, select where you want it to start etc.
Cant ask for more.
MSN/AIM? PM me If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here. I DO READ PM's
"Just because I'm losing
Doesn't mean I'm lost
Doesn't mean I'll stop
Doesn't mean I will cross
Just because I'm hurting
Doesn't mean I'm hurt
Doesn't mean I didn't get what I deserve
No better and no worse "
Originally Posted by iggyiggyiggy
i tried the site and i still have the same problem when it comes to syncing my iphnoe. thanks for the help though, that site looks really good if i could get my phone to sync the ringtones.
By docomar in forum Free Toolchain Software
Last Post: 08-27-2008, 08:31 AM
By niksy_nik7 in forum Free Toolchain Software
Last Post: 06-01-2008, 06:44 PM
By ivndr in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-22-2008, 06:12 PM
By jamr_mx in forum General
Last Post: 02-16-2008, 05:32 AM