Can some one help me please.
I have unlocked iphone from U.S with firmware 1.1.1 .(came with firmware 1.1.1)
I have been using this phone in U.K on Orange network last 4 months with out any problem.
sudenly my phone will not start . when i switch on all it shows is just apple symbol and then connect
usb cable to itues symbol.
But when I connect to itues (windows pc)then it will display message that itunes detected iphone in restore mode.
so i tried to restore it to 1.1.1 manually(by pressing shift and selcting the 1.1.1 file from my desktop)
many times(at least 15 times i tried) but i get the below error.
The Iphone could not be restored.An unknown error occurred(1604)
so decided to restore it to 1.1.2 manually but still get the same error .
so decided to restore it via itues to 1.1.3 but no luck still get the above error.
I tried it on diffrent widows xp computer i get the same error..really going mad..without phone..
Please can some one help me what i have to do now...
whats exactly wrong with my iphone.---
I have done the below step but no luck...
1. Put your iPhone into DFU mode (With iTunes still open and the iPhone still connected, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button until the screen turns black. Once it does, let go of the Sleep/Wake button. Continue to hold the Home button until iTunes displays a popup about the iPhone being in recovery mode. Click OK.)
2. In iTunes hold the shift key and click on ‘Restore’
3. Select the 1.1.1 firmware file and hit ‘OK’ (Download it here: http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...re_update.html)
4. After about 4 minutes you will get an error (That’s OK)
5. Close iTunes
6. Download iPhuc (Download it here: http://www.webparinc.com/temp/files/iphuc_windows.zip)
7. Launch the iphuc.exe and type each of these commands on their own line and hit enter for each:
cmd setenv auto-boot true
8. Wait a few seconds and your iPhone should be out of DFU mode and at the activation screen.
still same problem...when i switch on i just see usb to itues symbol.....
i hope some can help here...thanks