Discuss [1.1.1 OTB][Problem] Can't boot after app install (locations) at the General - Hackint0sh.org; I have a 1.1.1 iPhone, jailbroken and unlocked, which had been working fine since October. ...
[1.1.1 OTB][Problem] Can't boot after app install (locations)
I have a 1.1.1 iPhone, jailbroken and unlocked, which had been working fine since October. Last night I installed the app locations using Installer, and the following happened:
1. After leaving Installer, the springboard was stuck for several minutes with the "installing" graphic swirling.
2. I (or the phone) rebooted, and got stuck on the silver apple logo.
3. I've cycled dozens of times, and can't get the springboard to show up.
Suggestions for how to proceed, or threads I should read?
Problem is fixed; solution follows:
1. Attach iPhone to PC by USB.
2. Use iPhoneBrowser to browse the file system
3. Go to Library
4. Delete the locations.app directory.
5. Disconnect the iPhone
6. Reboot the iPhone (I had to do this twice)
Not sure what caused it, exactly, but it seems like some sort of conflict with locations is possible.
By Obatronik in forum Distributions
Last Post: 12-23-2010, 01:48 PM
By Ack in forum Installation
Last Post: 11-11-2009, 10:53 PM
By shiney in forum Installation
Last Post: 09-10-2009, 05:34 PM
By tuyvuong in forum Installation
Last Post: 05-06-2009, 09:18 PM
By Clod in forum Installation
Last Post: 02-24-2009, 04:38 AM