http://iphone.unlock.no/#unlock-permanent http://iphone.unlock.no/#Start http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18493
My phone is already unlocked - can i update to 1.1.1?
Not straight away! The old unlock software's (before anySIM 1.1, except iphonesimfree.com's software) had serious flaws, making the phone unusable in later firmware. Before you update your phone you will need to repair your phone by "virginizing" the phone (baseband) firmware. Below are the ultrasimple instructions
How to "Virginize" an unlocked phone before update to 1.1.1
Ignore all long and complex tutorials - I have set up a fully automatic script that will repair the phone so that you can upgrade it.
1. Set Settings → General → Auto Lock → Never
2. Make sure Modem firmware is 03.14.08_G. Check this in Settings → General → About.
3. Start Installer and update it if it asks. Tap on Sources, Edit, and Add http://i.unlock.no/
as a repository.
4. Make sure you have BSD Subsystem installed, if not, go to System category and install it.
5. Now, install The Virginizer found in the Unlocking Tools category. This will take about 10 minutes to complete.
Unlock your iPhone for free - no computer necessary!
First, thanks to everyone who made this possible. Iphone Dev team who made the sim-unlock application used in the tutorial, Installer.app team, geohot, Iphonesimfree
and all others. No need to disassemble your phone anymore, and no need to input commands manually.
Warning! Firmware version 1.1.2 is now released. If you bought a phone that had 1.1.2 preinstalled (it shows a picture of a cable and the iTunes icon), it is not possible to unlock it. If you did not have this firmware when you bought the phone, i do not recomment to update to this version yet. It's very important that you don't let iTunes restore to 1.1.2 as well, so always select firmware manually by holding Shift/Option key while clicking Restore. Details about restoring/upgrading here.
This tutorial assumes that your iPhone has firmware version 1.1.1. If you are unsure, here is how to check: On the emergency dial screen dial *3001#12345#* and tap Versions. Firware version should be 04.01.13_G. If it's 03.14.08_G you have v1.0.2 and need to update it to 1.1.1 first. Read here first if you previously unlocked your phone.
NEW! If you have an unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone, or upgraded to 1.1.1 and have "damaged" imei (0049) you need to repair your phone. I have now put together the ultimate repair solution - this is the absolutely easiest way to repair the phones (virginize). To do so, just add http://i.unlock.no/
as a Source in Installer, make sure BSD Subsystem is installed (else it's in the System category) and install The Virginizer found in the Unlocking Tools category. There's two versions, use the one corresponding to your Modem firmware. Click here for more details. And remember, you got it here first!
Bypass activation and prepare phone for software installation
1. Make sure you have a SIM-card with PIN turned off, and power on your phone (the supplied AT&T card works fine).
2. On the activation screen, slide for emergency and dial: *#301# to make the phone call itself. (If the incoming call dialog quickly disappears but it keeps ringing, just dial 0 (remove *#301# first), and it will call itself)
3. Answer the call, and tap on Hold
4. Phone will call it self again, tap Decline. You will now be returned to the normal dialer.
5. Tap on contacts, and tap the + icon to add a new. The only info you are going to add to this contact are two URL's. To add a URL, tap Add new URL. The first URL is prefs followed by a colon: prefs: and the second is jailbreakme.com. Tap Save.
6. Your contact now has two "web pages" - tap on the first one (prefs
. This will take you to the settings dialog. The reason you want this, is because you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, so tap on Wi-Fi, and get connected to a network, and make sure the icon on top of the screen is indicating that you are connected. While you are in the settings dialog, you should also set: General → Auto-Lock → Never.
7. Now, press the home button, and again, slide for emergency dial 0, Answer the call, Hold and Decline the new call so that you get to the contacts. Tap on your contact (No Name), and this time tap on the other home page, jailbreakme.com
8. Safari will launch and show you a webpage. Read through the text, before you Install AppSnapp
9. Phone will return to activation screen, but don't panic, just wait.
10. Phone should automaticly restart after almost a minute. . If it does not restart withing 2 minutes, click here.
11. When the phone starts again, it should no longer say slide for emergency, but rather Slide to unlock It means it was successfull! Activation is now bypassed, and phone prepared for software installation! (If you are going to use an AT&T SIM, you won't need to do the next step.)
Unlock the SIM-lock
1. Open installer, and install the update if prompted.
2. Go to sources and tap Edit and Add
3. Add this URL: http://i.unlock.no
4. Tap Done and then Refresh
5. Go to Install (at bottom) and scroll down to the Unlocking Tools category and install AnySIM
6. When installed you can press the home button, and you will find a new AnySIM icon on your home screen. Launch it and follow the instructions.
7. The unlocking process will take about 5-10 minutes, in the end it should say it was successful!
8. To clean up your phone, launch Installer and uninstall AnySIM. Then go to Settings → General → Auto-Lock and set it to a prefered value.
Congratulations, you are done!
A few tweaks
If you want to enable the International menu, install Enable International menu which is found in the Unlocking Tools category. This will let you choose keyboards, and set your phone to use your prefered regional settings, like date and phone number formatting. Be alerted though - it looks like Apple haven't finished this feature completely yet (which is probably why it's deactivated) so there may be some issues. In my case Fahrenheit and Celsius is mixed up in the Weather application for instance!
• By default, the EDGE settings found in Settings → General → Network → EDGE are not saved when phone is restarted. To fix this, install EDGE Settings fix which is found in the Unlocking Tools category..
• If YouTube does not work ("You must first connect to iTunes..."), try to install YouTube activation which is found in the Unlocking Tools category. Also make sure that the phone has correct date.
• If you for some reason need to deliver your phone to Apple (service etc.), i recommend that you revert the unlock first so that they (hopefully) can't see it's been unlocked. Install OneSIM which is found in the Unlocking Tools category, and tap on the new icon it creates to run it. After you are done, do a restore in iTunes.
• 1.0.0: iPhone1,1_1.0_1A543a_Restore.ipsw
• 1.0.1: iPhone1,1_1.0.1_1C25_Restore.ipsw
• 1.0.2: iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw
• 1.1.1: iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw
• 1.1.2: iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw