There are some basic phone functionalities that iphone lacks. I'll list them as below. If there are any resolutions please post them. It will be helpful to everybody.
1. Contacts cannot be saved to SIM and also cannot be read from your SIM. So you will need to type the contacts with the iphone. Does not matter much to me.
2. SMSs cannot be forwarded.
3. SMSs cannot be sent to multiple receipents.
4. Cannot copy & paste data or text. So if you want to send a message to two persons you have to type the entire message again. Apple wants to make us expert on their virtual keyboard. Copy and pasting is the basic functionality of an OS.
5. SMSs drafts cannot be saved. So if you typed the message and press the home button then the message will get deleted.
5. No File explorer.
6. You can upload only supported audio/video files to iphone. But you cannot use the device as a data transfer medium. What is the 8GB memory for?
7. No file explorer? Why I need it?
I'll be using the iphone to have some personal data (documents) that I would like nobody else should access. So if there is file explorer then atleast I can hide the data is some inner dir.
8. iphone to other devices or iphone Bluetooth data transfer cannot be done.
9. The 2MP camera cannot do video recording, but this feature does not
matter much too me. Also for still image capture there is no zoom option.
Though I already knew some of the points about iphone but I find points 2, 3 & 4 hard to digest. I purchased the iphone thinking that SMSs come under basic phone fuctionality and forwarding messages and sending messages to friends group are now default. Some people might argue that only making and receiveing calls are the basic phone functioanlity, my the answer to them is wake up dude !!! a Rs 1000 mobile phone supports these functionality.
The solution for SMS issue seems to be the app aSMS. As aSMS uses the
safari browser I would like to know if I need to be connected be
wireless or to GPRS all the time?