Annoyed by the accessory lockdown screen when connected to your car stereo or other accessory? No control over your iphone/ipod ?
Well, here's a solution activea and i found:
1. get a hex editor (for example HexEdit for MacOSX)
2. copy the iphone/ipod executable MobileMusicPlayer from /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/ to your computer
3. enable "Options - Overwrite Mode" when using HexEdit
4. search for string _initializeSplashScreen and replace it with _tearDownSplashScreen (add 00 00 at the end to compensate for the different string lengths).
5. search for string _suspendMainUI and replace it with _resumeMainUI
7. replace "MobileMusicPlayer" in "/Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app" with your patched file
Now you should have full control over the IPhone/IPod Touch when connected to your car stereo or other accessory (tested with iphone firmware 1.1.4).
Activea and i do not take any responsibility for any problems you might encounter. Drive safe and let your co-driver operate the iphone/ipod!