Discuss Removing OSX wallpaper app on 1.1.3 at the Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's) - Hackint0sh.org; Hoping someone can help me out. I installed the OSX wallpaper app while on 1.1.1 ...
Removing OSX wallpaper app on 1.1.3 - FIXED
Hoping someone can help me out. I installed the OSX wallpaper app while on 1.1.1 and forgot to remove it during the upgrade to 1.1.3 via itunes. Now when I go into Wallpapers via Settings, it shows the OSX ones as just empty squares or placeholders.
I've tried the following:
1. Reinstalled the package under 1.1.3 via Installer. Install is successful but I still don't see the wallpapers, just empty squares, one for each OSX wallpaper. My default ones are still there.
2. Uninstalled the package under 1.1.3 via Installer. Uninstall is successful but I still see the empty squares.
3. SSH'ed into the iphone and looked under the /wallpaper folder but only see the default ones.
I'd like to remove the placeholders where the OSX ones used to be under 1.1.1. Has anyone come across this problem? It's not a huge problem but would like to clean it up.
Last edited by soler; 02-23-2008 at 05:02 AM.
Thanks for your reply. I tried what you suggested and found the following:
Originally Posted by spyboy
1. If I delete the Wallpaper folder, my Wallpapers are blank through Settings.
2. If I copy over just the osx ones, my Wallpapers are still blank through Settings ie. none show up.
3. If I copy one or more of the original default ones named 100.png etc then the original wallpaper(s) show up along with the squares or placeholders.
Looked in the Installer directory and tmp but didn't see anything. Will have to look at the plists files next. Any one know the specific one to look at?
Found a Wallpaper folder in /var/mobile/Library probably left from the previous install on 1.1.1. Deleted it and no more blank squares.
All is good.
By Enrico2 in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
Last Post: 05-30-2008, 11:28 AM
By rendier in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
Last Post: 03-24-2008, 01:09 PM
By niksy_nik7 in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
Last Post: 03-19-2008, 07:31 PM
By Poe408 in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
Last Post: 03-07-2008, 04:55 PM
By vandy1997 in forum General
Last Post: 01-06-2008, 10:27 PM