Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
Discuss [Problem][2.1] Supreme Prefences not in settings at the Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's) - Hackint0sh.org; I just installed supreme preferences and it's not in the settings. I also have hood ...
  1. #1
    Professional Array Pablo Diablo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    11

    Default [Problem][2.1] Supreme Prefences not in settings

    I just installed supreme preferences and it's not in the settings. I also have hood installed and noticed there is no settings for that either.

    Must be bad permissions, but where to check?



  2. #2
    Rookie Array nk_twister's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Not sure if you already did it.. have you selected the preferences in Winterboard ? If you have, then u may need to check if u have extended preferences above it..

  3. #3
    Board Hero Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    Surely there must be a better settings extension package available than this one?

    I took a look at it, and it seems to be a recycled preferences pack that some people at the iFoneguide forums made long ago for the 1.x firmwares (only with some silly "Copyright" notices in it from the current "author"). For example, it uses settings that don't work in 2.x (e.g. Album Shuffle). And it contains a bunch of rather lame pre-selected choices for a fake time string in the status bar, including "iFoneguide Inside!" and "Wanksta".

    The package also lacks some well-known hidden settings like numeric GSM strength, and it even deletes one of the options for the home button (Phone favorites). They haven't bothered to test it at all, given the presence of non-working things and the tentative warning "iPod Tweaks might need an SB respring for changes to take effect."

    Who knows of a better, more up-to-date settings package, made with a bit of care and effort?
    Last edited by Jim Danner; 12-21-2008 at 10:14 PM.
    iPhone 3GS / 3.1.2 JB (PwnageTool) / 04.26.08 carrier-locked, Carrier Logo Fixer / Cydia / 1000 posts on Hackint0sh

    Installing Cydia programs on a phone that has no internet connection: read this.

    Editing binary .plist, .strings, .nib and .xib files:
    * on your computer: Windows tool / conversion website.
    * on your iPhone: convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities) or edit them with iFile (Cydia links).

  4. #4
    Professional Array Pablo Diablo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nk_twister View Post
    Not sure if you already did it.. have you selected the preferences in Winterboard ? If you have, then u may need to check if u have extended preferences above it..
    The themes that came with it are listed in winterboard and they do work in changing the icons in the settings. Still no supreme preferences. Are all the preferences in one file? Where can I start looking? I'm pretty sure it's a permissions issue as hood options didn't get added to the settings either.

  5. #5
    Board Hero Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    The themes that came with it are listed in winterboard and they do work in changing the icons in the settings. Still no supreme preferences. Are all the preferences in one file? Where can I start looking? I'm pretty sure it's a permissions issue as hood options didn't get added to the settings either.
    It's a "theme" called Supreme Preferences. I have to warn you though: just running Settings with this installed will already make some changes. It makes your carrier logo disappear and puts several other settings in your SpringBoard prefs. So it's better to make a backup of that first.
    iPhone 3GS / 3.1.2 JB (PwnageTool) / 04.26.08 carrier-locked, Carrier Logo Fixer / Cydia / 1000 posts on Hackint0sh

    Installing Cydia programs on a phone that has no internet connection: read this.

    Editing binary .plist, .strings, .nib and .xib files:
    * on your computer: Windows tool / conversion website.
    * on your iPhone: convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities) or edit them with iFile (Cydia links).


  6. #6
    Professional Array Pablo Diablo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    agh my bad, I got it now, what's the calendar tweak?

  7. #7
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    20

    Thumbs down Do not install supreme preferences

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Danner View Post
    It's a "theme" called Supreme Preferences. I have to warn you though: just running Settings with this installed will already make some changes. It makes your carrier logo disappear and puts several other settings in your SpringBoard prefs. So it's better to make a backup of that first.
    I had that horrible problem of getting my carrier logo disappear!!!!!
    I did not know that the "theme" called Supreme Preferences was the culprit: even after uninstalling Supreme Preferences, my carrier logo was still missing!!!

    So, I had a great idea to install MakeitMine through Cydia, then I put my carrier logo as a fake one! After that, I uninstalled MakeitMine, and by miracle my original carrier logo came back!!!!

    I dont know about the other settings in my springboard prefs that might have changed....but:
    CONCLUSION: the "theme" called Supreme Preferences IS CURSED AND SHOULD BE, BY ALL MEANS, AVOIDED, IT BRINGS A BIG MESS IN YOUR IPHONE, EVEN AFTER UNINSTALLING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THE CHANGES ARE ALMOST IRREVERSIBLE!!!!
    Last edited by docomar; 12-22-2008 at 01:55 AM.

  8. #8
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Exclamation Warning

    Quote Originally Posted by docomar View Post
    I dont know about the other settings in my springboard prefs that might have changed....but:
    CONCLUSION: the "theme" called Supreme Preferences IS CURSED AND SHOULD BE, BY ALL MEANS, AVOIDED, IT BRINGS A BIG MESS IN YOUR IPHONE, EVEN AFTER UNINSTALLING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THE CHANGES ARE ALMOST IRREVERSIBLE!!!!

    AND IN F>RONT OF ALL, DO NOT ENABLE "SHOW TOUCH" AND DO NOT CHANGE THE VALUE FOR "TOUCH SENSIVITY" ==> YOU WILL GET AN INFINITE RESPRING LOOP AND NEED TO RESTORE YOUR FONE

  9. #9
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by docomar View Post
    So, I had a great idea to install MakeitMine through Cydia, then I put my carrier logo as a fake one! After that, I uninstalled MakeitMine, and by miracle my original carrier logo came back!!!!
    My tmobile logo also went missing after installing supreme preferences. I tried what you did but it did not work for me. Anybody else know what I can do to bring back my custom tmobile logos back?

  10. #10
    Board Hero Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 96hondaex View Post
    My tmobile logo also went missing after installing supreme preferences. I tried what you did but it did not work for me. Anybody else know what I can do to bring back my custom tmobile logos back?
    This involves a bit more hacking but it works: Change /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist (see my signature for instructions) by deleting the part that says
    Code:
    <key>SBFakeCarrier</key>
    <string>""</string>
    After saving it like this, reboot your phone (turn it off and on again, or use the command reboot or the Power application in SBSettings/BossPrefs) -- do not respring (restart SpringBoard) because it will put the problematic setting back.

    iPhone 3GS / 3.1.2 JB (PwnageTool) / 04.26.08 carrier-locked, Carrier Logo Fixer / Cydia / 1000 posts on Hackint0sh

    Installing Cydia programs on a phone that has no internet connection: read this.

    Editing binary .plist, .strings, .nib and .xib files:
    * on your computer: Windows tool / conversion website.
    * on your iPhone: convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities) or edit them with iFile (Cydia links).


 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Carrier settings update + iOS 4 | Problem!
    By gogosds in forum iPhone 3GS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 03:08 PM
  2. Mail icon missing from settings due to supreme preferences...
    By don_alexadro9 in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 03:58 PM
  3. [Problem] supreme prefs gone.
    By miccifresh in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 04:46 PM
  4. [1.1.2 OTB] Problem with volume settings
    By arian_ma in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 09:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:26 AM.
twitter, follow us!