Search! Want to search your contacts, or go straight to a particular day in calendar?
Search adds some of the most requested features to the iPhone:
1. Searching of contacts based on first name, last name, organisation, job title, department or notes.
2. Searching of calendar events based on summary, location, or notes. (Currently does not include some recurring events, and does not use the special calendar time zone support. All events are displayed relative to the main phone time zone setting)
3. Search allows you to dial up a date, and then jump straight to it in the iPhone Calendar application.
This software is still beta, and has only been tested on 1.1.1 though it should work fine on 1.0.2 (we haven't specifically tested it on 1.0.2)
Search is available for download and manual installation. It is also available via Ste Packaging in Installer.app
• Complete contact information, contact pictures etc
• Localisation for international users.
• SMS searching.
• Email Searching
• Maybe more general search (Spotlight style) [This is a long shot!]
1. Go To Date doesn't go to date on the very first try after the initial installation. The second and subsequent times, it works fine.
2. Searching using some unicode characters can result case sensitive search results.
• Fixed an address problem which caused Search to crash on selecting some contacts.
• Added physical addresses to contact info screen
• Added SMS option to contacts info. You can now send text messages to found contacts
• Fixed all foreign keyboard display problems
• Minor UI Changes
• Fixed email character removal bug
• Modified search algorithm to better handle hyphenated and multi-word last names.
• Fixed foreign keyboard display problems
• Added calendar event searching (does not include certain recurring events)
• Added dial button to contact search page. You can now type a number directly into the search field, and then hit the dial key to make the call.
• Non standard company records no longer display "(null)"
• Fixed bug when dialing contacts with custom ringtones assigned
• Fixed bug when opening to certain URL formats
• Added Palm style search method
• Added position to contact info screen
• Added department to contact info screen
• Added organisation to contact info screen
• Added notes to contact info screen
• New license key system implemented for easier management
• Added default startup screen preference
• Improved search algorithm to match in fewer keystrokes
• Added Contact Notes to search criteria (however contact notes are not displayed yet)
• Added Job Title to search criteria
• Added Department to search criteria.
• Added email addresses to contact info screen
• Added home pages to contact info screen
• Fixed Unicode character display and search problems.
Any feedback would be appreciated.